Saturday, February 11, 2006

What to Do - What to Do

My Mom gave me a check for my upcoming birthday to spend on myself and SJ. Now I am wavering on what to buy for myself.

We could use curtains in the living room. However, I am so used to being on display, that I boldly walk past the windows scratching my butt. I even chase my kids around in circles to beat them purely for the neighborhood's entertainment.

I can always use clothes but it is depressing to assume that I will be this size for the rest of my life.

Middle child "A" told me that her friends make fun of her in school because she can't make a basket. I thought about buying a free-standing hoop and playing basketball with her in the back yard. We don't have a lot of flat space though, and I'm wondering if this would end up being another toy taking up space, that nobody uses.

I could go stock up on rice flour as we are going through it VERY quickly. Boring.

I could invest it. Paypal has online savings accounts that offer decent interest.

I could invest it in Old Hoss's dung beetle farm.

Opinions, please?
********************
My son has decided I am done blogging for the day. Everybody have a great weekend.

6 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

go buy yourself some clothes, Carolyn. Be comfortable, woman!

and then invest what's left.

and see, now, I only beat my children where the neighbors won't see. (although, if you read vast-verandah (previously mistress mary) you and I will both quit the child-beating jokes right quick.)

12:12 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

i don't really like curtains either. maybe chocolate! or vampire books.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Oh Babelbabe,

I went and read that. How depressing.

Bearette,

Vampire books sound good. So does chocolate.

2:21 PM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Spend it on urself...we are always buying stuff for the house and our kids..and sometimes we don't even have decent underwear...

Go the the salon..get a manicure...or better yet..a pedicure...

Treat urself to some clothes...or shoes!!!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Oh...if you haven't read Twilight by Stephenie (yup, she spells it that way) Meyer, that is awesome!! You could also buy The Lost Boys on DVD (my favorite vampire movie).

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about paying a babysitter and having hubby treat you to a night on the town

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home