Saturday, February 04, 2006

Will This Post?

I am having blogger troubles and it seems some of you are also. This may not even post.

Today has been a lazy day. We did spice it up a bit for Boots though.

We took him to Petsmart and purchased a new harness, some treats and some balls. I could tell we didn't stay there long enough to suit him as he wanted to keep sniffing around. He was glad to get out of the house and to take a car ride.

My husband went dirt bike riding for the first time in probably ten years or longer. He needed to get out. He is in a much better mood now.

I also did some internet research today on the gluten-free, casein-free diet. The book "Special Diet For Special Kids" is on its way now. Amazon is quick on their shipping and it will probably be here by Friday.

The reason I researched this diet is thanks to a cereal called Weetabix. It's a delicious cereal that I purchased at Trader Joes; obviously the main ingredient is wheat.

On Friday morning, I fed it to my son because I wanted to give him a healthy breakfast. He went insane.

We had occupational and speech therapy that morning. He didn't concentrate on speech therapy. Then, during occupational therapy, he ran back and forth like a wild man. He knocked another kid down and generally bounced off the walls.

So much for the healthy breakfast!

While researching the diet and reading some of the symptoms of dairy allergies I started thinking of my husband's mysterious stomach ailments. Damned if they don't sound like dairy allergies down to the eczema on his legs.

So both my men are going dairy free. The little guy and I are going dairy and gluten free since I am still breastfeeding. I am not looking forward to this as it sounds like a pain in the butt. Of course, if it makes my son better, it is well worth it, no?

Does anybody have any experience with this diet they would like to share?

SJ also did something very disgusting Friday evening. He and his sister were in the tub and she yelled, "Mom, SJ pooped!"

Sure enough, he had. Since he hasn't done this since he was a baby, I hope it was the Weetabix.

Anyway, I was faced with a tub of disgusting poo water. How to clean it? Since I didn't have a poo catching net, I decided to drain the tub first. The cleaning involved lots of bleach but I'll spare the details. Ugh.

I was reading a Tommy Lee Jones article today. Can anybody guess who his college roommate was? I won't send a prize but if you guess right, you have the satisfaction of being right. Everybody loves being right, right?

6 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

Al Gore, right?

The poo water sounds GROSS.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Dang, you're good. Al Gore it is. Was I the only person in the U.S who didn't know it?

The poo water made me want to vomit. It was bad.

9:34 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

What about the fish tank net? : )

Good luck with the diet, it sounds like you are on the money. And with places like Whole Foods and even the regular grocery stores these days, gluten-free, dairy-free stuff is easier to find.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

I need to find the nearest whole foods store. I think it is in Sacramento. A loaf of gluten free bread was four bucks! Ouch.

9:26 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I used to like Tommy Lee Jones until he campaigned for Al Gore.

4:24 PM  
Blogger leehuck said...


A career as an occupational therapy will offer you a great number of benefits, rewards and other positive factors. From one person to the next, every individual may have a different reason for getting started down this path, or for why they love it as much as they do. You gotta see this for the details.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home