Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Being Immature Is Fun

My teen daughter showed me something that she said she knew was immature.

Of course I completely enjoyed it.

Take a movie title and change the last word to "vagina."

I'll do a few examples:

Back to the Vagina
Dirty Old Vagina
The Sixth Vagina

I'm not sure what you do with a one word movie like "Rent" or "Grease."

Now it's your turn. Hee hee hee.
********************
I think we have been on the gfcf diet full time for almost three weeks now. (We fell off the wagon when the stomach flu hit.)

My child has gone from holding a video tape and saying "moomie" (movie) to saying, "Blue's Clues, Tubbies, Wiggles, and Cookie Monster."

Three months ago when his sister cried, he laughed.

Last night she was crying. He went up and hugged her and said, "I love you."

If he keeps making strides like this, life should be less difficult for him than I had feared. Cross your fingers for us.
********************
And from the paper:

"Natural blondes are likely to be extinct within the next 200 years, according to a study by the World Health Organization. That study says we can expect the last natural blonde to be born in Finland in 2202."

"Some researchers believe that women of Northern Europe evolved blond hair and blue eyes to make them more appealing to prospective mates. This happened before Clairol at the end of the Ice Age when men were in short supply, thanks to the hazards of hunting."

Well crap, so much for the dumb blonde jokes.

11 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

LOL that is funny. Now everytime I see a movie title I will be thinking of vagina.....er...I mean the title with the word vagina in it....LOL

I may have to "borrow" this from you sometime..hehe

9:30 PM  
Blogger Joke said...

Wow, not like you didn't know but showing empathy is huge.

Kudos!!

-J.

2:55 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Finding Vagina...
Elmo's Wild Wild Vagina...
The Vagina...
(note: it's sick that they are all kid flicks..but that's all I got in my shelf...well..that and "Garden Vagina"...

***********
I am absolutely thrilled SJ is making such wonderful progress..the same happened to us when we started with Miss C...I can really identify...hurrah!!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I'm so happy for you that the diet is working for SJ!!! Are you beside yourself? Are you feeling like Mother of the Year? Because, let's face it, you should. You're the one who did the work to find out about this, the one who does all the extra work to make sure he eats this way, and the one who's eating this way JUST FOR HIM.

Talk about hard work paying off! You rock, and I hope you'll keep us posted on further developments.

6:31 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

My God, that is so wonderful! I am so proud of him and you.

How about that old TV show "The Vagian"?

Really, how can you do blonde stuff? Do you hate me?

8:04 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Correction: the Viginian!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

When Harry Met Vagina
A Walk in the Vagina
Sleepless in Vagina
V for Vagina

That's funny. How old is your little one? My daughter is starting to do the same stuff. then the next minute she puts him in a choke hold. Ah...kids.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom used to play that game only with a hymnal, and the last phrase added was "between the sheets".
so that titles became "closer to thee---between the sheets" Im sure that felt very naughty in the 1920's in the midwest, but they did not know the word vagina.
Great strides for the little guy.

9:17 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i am so pleased for you and sj. gina's right, give yourself a huge pat on the back, you deserve it!

field of vaginas
roman vagina
o brother where art vagina?

but my fav?
hoop-de-doo, it's a wiggly vagina.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't worry about Blonde jokes Carolyn, some of us are blonde at heart no matter what color we dye our hair...

11:40 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Aww that's so awesome!!!
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!
I'm so glad! :)

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home