Saturday, March 18, 2006

Confession Sunday

Today is Confession Sunday so I am jumping on the boat. Here goes...

Before I went on this gluten/casein free diet, I bought my own candy stash and hid it on the kids. One time "J" found my stash (and ate it) so I found a new hiding space.

Sometimes I find candy I forgot I hid.

I would rather read a book than play a game of Chutes and Ladders.

I have one child who I think I will always clash with. I love them all equally though.

My father was an alcoholic. I swore I would never drink.

I was sixteen the first time I got drunk. I loved it so much, I tried to do it as much as possible until I settled down in my mid to late twenties.

If I didn't have kids, I would probably drink every day. Now I just WANT to drink every day.

My new drug is food. I eat even when I'm not hungry.

There's a large mirror in our bathroom. When I have to take a shower, I avoid looking in it. My eyes, my eyes, aaaaghhhhh!

I have borrowed money from my kids and not paid it back. As much as they nickel and dime me to death in the grocery store, I figure they still owe me.

Sometimes when I'm driving in my car, without kids, I realize I am still singing along to one of their stupid CD's.

Sometimes I get so mad I feel like I'm going to explode. Someday I think I will.

I can't sleep without covers on, even when it's a hundred degrees in the summer.

I posted this on Saturday night. But you all probably figured that out by the date.

Happy Confessing!

5 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

You'd rather read a book than play Chutes and Ladders. (And the sky is blue, the grass is green, and people are stupid.) Ha, some confession! : )

I want to drink every day too.
Hmmm, think it has much to do with Chutes and Ladders? Naaaaahhhh.....

10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you drunk?

12:09 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Sometimes when I'm driving in my car, without kids, I realize I am still singing along to one of their stupid CD's....I do that too...

Confession: Some days, when things are really bad...I wish I were not a mom...::sigh::

but then Miss C licks my face (yes, licks) and I enjoy motherhood..

1:10 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Mary,

I think we've all felt that way.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Carolyn - as soon as I read your profile, I knew I would like you. I am suspicious of anyone who doesn't like chocolate as well. I like your list here. You are very honest - and I think these are things that most of us feel. I WANT to drink every day too. Tequila shooters after my kids are finally in bed! But since I am eternally pregnant so it seems, that never happens. (this is my 3rd in 3 years. AH!)
Nice to meet ya!! I'll check in again.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home