Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Cooking and Driving and Cooking, Oh My

Lately it seems I have been doing nothing but cooking and driving. Those two activities are taking up most of my day. I have been actively experimenting with gfcf recipes and also actively adding some pounds from frequent taste testing.

I also drive "J" to school in the morning, "SJ" to school at noon and "A" to her tutoring at 2:15. (She is off track right now.)

Then I pick up "SJ" at 2:30, "J" at 3:15 and "A" at 3:30. It seems like half my day is spent on the road.

I had a successful recipe conversion this morning. I made a coffee cake using Bette Hagman's flour conversion, doubled the baking powder, added xantham gum, lowered the baking temp and it came out pretty good.

I had a not so successful recipe conversion with chocolate chip cookies. They tasted good but they had to be scraped off the pan first. LOL
*********************
The newspaper had an article regarding "Crash" vs. "Brokeback Mountain".

Many people in the gay community thought that "Crash" won the Oscar because Hollywood is homophobic.

Come again! How can Hollywood be homophobic? I thought a large majority of the people in show business were gay.

Other people thought that "Crash" deserved the Oscar because it explored racial prejudices.

Maybe next year, a film maker can make a film that explores both prejudice and gay sex. Perhaps a remake of Chained Heat is in order.
*********************
My free California tourism guide that I ordered came in the mail.

The cover says, "California. Find Yourself."

Maybe it should say instead, "California - The Mid-Life Crisis State."

Or perhaps, "California - Let Your Fingers Do The Walking."

5 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

It looks like some of that driving time is also time spent ALONE. It doesn't matter if you're in the car--enjoy getting to be ALL BY YOURSELF! :-)

7:13 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

I hate driving..but let's face it..it is the only time I get to myself..and I don't have to share...except when I drop Miss C to school..and I get to pick out my own music....

Brokeback Mountain was good..but I thought Crash was better put together...I was actually shocked that it won...

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually bought Crash for your fil for xmas. and I thought it was really good. Next time we come I will bring it if you haven't seen it. I am very proud of you for doing all the cool recipe stuff.
Good Job Mom,

3:26 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Hee,from CA you could just drive up a couple of states and visit me;p

8:49 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

How about one that explores horrors and whores?

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home