Monday, March 06, 2006

First Day of Pre-School

Today was the first day of pre-school for SJ. He wore a red shirt with a car on it and some black sweats. The sweats were kind of short, as he has sprouted up lately. He is a 3T in waist size and a 4T in height.

It was impossible for anyone to see the red shirt as he wouldn't take off his sweatshirt. It's his favorite sweatshirt. It is striped with lots of bright colors.

I stayed with him for half an hour. He didn't want me to leave but he did great at school. In fact, when I picked him up, he was ignoring me. I wasn't half as exciting as playing in the sink.
********************
We recently switched to Comcast Cable so I called today to cancel Dish Network. We did this because cable was slightly cheaper. Dish Network is much better to watch. Their remote control has a "guide" button. You can hit it and see a listing of what is on each channel and a description of it. You can also see what is coming up and a description of it too. I miss Dish, but, on the bright side, my tv viewing is way down.

Anyway, I called to cancel. The gentleman on the other end kept telling me that Dish was a much better choice, better priced, etc. I said I knew that but we were switching. He then went through the spiel again. After he went through the spiel for the third time, I said, "Dude, I feel like I'm trying to break up with my boyfriend and he's not taking it well."

He laughed and let me cancel.
********************
SJ's first dentist appointement is tomorrow. Shudder.

It's at 10:10. So is my DMV appointement this week. Is there any significance to the numbers 10:10? If so, let me know.
********************
There's a really old joke I was thinking about today. You've probably all heard it, but I need to get it out of my head.

A bear and a rabbit are in the woods.

The bear asks the rabbit, "When you go number two, does poop stick to your fur?"

The rabbit answers, "Why no."

"Oh good," says the bear. He then proceeds to pick up the rabbit and use him to wipe his butt with.

From my head to yours.
********************
I read in Ms. L's blog about her daughter tying her shoes and decided to give it another try on teaching my daughter.

Only this time, I taught her a different way. It was a way my grandfather taught me when I was younger. After you do the first knot, you make TWO bunny ears. Then you tie them in a knot the same way you made the first knot.

It looks the same and it's a lot easier to learn. She got it quickly and was very proud of herself. I had a hard time learning to tie shoes as a child and this way was very easy for me.

My father wouldn't let me tie my shoes that way. He said it wasn't the "right" way to do it. His way was the only way to do anything.

I hope he's spinning in his grave. LOL

Speaking of fathers, Babelbabe, on www.behindthestove.blogspot.com wrote a lovely tribute to her father. It is well worth reading. I suggest going there.

3 Comments:

Blogger EdotR said...

That is so great he had a good first day...Miss C's first day..week and month..was a disaster....

Love the Cable story...lol...!! (they are pushy folk)

5:42 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Thx for the link, Carolyn!

I am so going to steal that stragegy next time i need to cancel something. Perfect.

And glad SJ is enjoying preschool...

7:40 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

YAY for bunny ears!!
That's pretty darn cool:)

Wooowooot,good for SJ,glad he did great on his first day!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home