Saturday, March 25, 2006

Grocery Shopping

Today has been pretty relaxed, not a lot has happened.

There was one semi-exciting incident, well semi-interesting anyway.

When I went to the grocery store, the Oscar Meyer weiner mobile was parked in front. It actually looked kind of neat.

When I passed by it, all the adults standing around it began singing the Oscar Meyer theme song. I found that a bit creepy and walked faster so as not to be associated with them.

Towards the end of my grocery shopping, I heard somebody's kid blowing his weenie whistle, over and over and over again.

It turned out to be a kid who was about nine. His Mom was giving him that indulgent, "Aren't you special" look.

(No, lady, he's not special. You are a freaking moron if you think everybody in the store wants to hear him repeatedly toot his whistle. That's only cute if he's two! Take a wild guess where I would like to shove that whistle!)

Well the kid with the whistle drove me crazy. I checked out, walked out the door, and grabbed my kids a whistle too.

Why? Because I knew they would enjoy it and I'm a sucker, that's why.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I would have done the same thing with that kids whistle....AFTER I punched the mother out! :)

8:58 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

THREE whistles? You ARE crazed...

9:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Carolyn! I guess I deserved that after the monkey birthday song. "Poppa" called and left a singing msg for me, I had never hear him sing before!
I thought my day would suck; I have to work and ended up bartending at Widders night!
Tattoo got lots of exposure as the back of my pants were just lower enough and my shirt just high enough. The photo, my mom says, does not do it justice.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home