Friday, March 17, 2006

The Never Used Butter Dish




Like Babelbabe, I never actually use my butter dish. We always pull the butter package from the fridge, hack some off and put it back.

Nucoa margarine is what we use most for most of the cooking now. I know, yuck, but it is casein free and you can get used to almost anything.

This isn't really a butter dish. I'm not sure what it is. I grabbed it at a garage sale to use as a butter dish, because I liked the way it looked. It has scalloped edges and a flower pattern inside.

Then, of couse, we never used it. If anybody knows what the heck it is, tell me please.
********************
Don't you love when you go to pee and sit down on a completely wet seat?

That happened to me today. "A" left the bathtub, sat on the seat and didn't dry it. At least it was just tub water. The first thought that flies through my head when I sit on a wet seat isn't a pretty one.
********************
While reading the paper this week, I stumbled across an article that stated people with children are more depressed than people without.

The depression does not go away when the kids leave the house. (Maybe that is because nowadays they don't!)

The reason for the depression, researchers theorized, was because we worry about our children.

They have it all wrong. The reason for the depression is because they cost every penny you have, and by the time they are gone, there's nothing left to retire on.

I thought of a few more reasons for child-free people to be happier.

They can poop without somebody watching intently or screaming at the door.

They can eat out without taking a dustbuster, suitcase full of coloring books and a jumbo package of wet wipes.

They can wear white.

When they're driving through Deliveranceville, on a long road trip, they don't hear a voice from the back say, "I have to go potty NOW."

Of course there are great advantages to parenthood.

Everybody loves all the funny poop and vomit jokes we tell. Right, right? (Why do I hear crickets chirping?)

If you are a total slob, with stained clothes, you can always say your kids spilled something on you.

If you need money for Starbucks, you can always borrow the money their Grandma gave them. (Right, Babelbabe?)

If you're on a boring phone call, you can always say, "I've gotta run. The kids set the cat on fire again."
********************
I get to pick my daughter up in an hour. Then my day is almost done, maybe, unless she wants to be driven somewhere. Sigh.

6 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

you post a butter dish and you don't tell me?????

the first rule of show and tell is the telling...
well, that and the showing.

now you've made me use multiple question marks.
I don't like that.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Ooooh that is so pretty!

Yes,my daughter does that all the time when she's in the tub,ugh.
I never,ever,ever sit on public seats,ewwwww!

Haaa,really? More depressed??
I can't see it,it's EXACTLY like you say! How can we be more depressed??
lol

3:52 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

that confession is so going to come back and bite me in the ass in multiple ways, isn't it?

7:21 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

I do it too. Couldn't resist teasing you about it though.

7:35 PM  
Blogger EdotR said...

More Depressed??!! They don't say ::rolling eyes in disbelief::
Well they have just discovered America folks!!

ROTF!!! at the child-less people comparisons...

But I love the 'cat on fire' scenario...I have used it...well not exactly a cat on fire..but Miss C makes for a great excuse when I need to escape...lol...

8:06 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Hmmm...you make a mighty strong case for not having kiddies :p

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home