Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Return To The Gym

"A" is off track from school and begging to go to the gym. She loves the play area.

Today she got her wish. I packed up both little ones and away we went.

I spent fifteen minutes on the treadmill and then went to spin class.

The instructor was a very buff man with a wife-beater shirt on, all the better to show off his muscles. Many of the ladies asked to have their bikes adjusted. Every time I see a guy who obviously cares about his physique that much, I think about the scene in "Thirteen Going On Thirty" where the main character's buffed boyfriend does the "Ice Ice Baby" dance. Yick.

Cycle class was fun enough. At one point the instructor yelled, "Go go!" like an Army commercial.

He yelled other phrases such as, "pump your legs, explode your heart," and "My, your lips are turning blue."

I ended class five minutes early so I wouldn't have to wait in line to wipe my bike down. I was going to stretch in the locker room but didn't. Yes, I'll pay tomorrow.
********************
Every year at Christmas, Santa wraps the presents he brings in different paper than the other presents.

This year, Santa hid his paper under my bed. That's okay, as nothing ever exits from there.

My in-laws came to visit and gave us their old bed. My FIL unwittingly pulled out the paper and put it in my bedroom.

You would think after two months, that "A" wouldn't remember what kind of paper the big guy used. You would be wrong.

"Look Mom, why did Santa leave his paper here?"

"I don't know honey, maybe he was in a hurry."

She isn't buying it. I can tell.

How many kids remember after TWO MONTHS let alone two minutes?
*********************
Old Hoss mentioned in his blog yesterday that he didn't have much time left. The idea of Old Hoss not being around and blogging bugged me.

Apparently it bugged me more than I realized. All night I kept dreaming that Old Hoss wasn't blogging and I was worried about him.

Old Hoss, don't quit blogging. And may you have many more years to do it in.
********************
My MIL brought up some Kraft Marshmallow Creme last time they visited. I called Kraft to make sure it was gluten and casein free. I received the stock answer, which was that they would list on their product if there were any ingredients that consumers may be allergic too.

But SJ ate some and he immediately got kind of funny.

I can't find anything on google about this. Does anyone have any info?
********************
SJ went to see his new pre-school again today while I dropped off paperwork. I spotted lots of other kids who were like him. They have a certain look and mannerisms that give them away. It's like a secret handshake that lets others know you are in the autism disorders club.

He will be around lots of kids like him and lots of mainstream kids also. I hope he does well.
********************
It is only nine-twenty and my eyelids are heavy. It's been a long day.

9 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

Carolyn - check for the kosher/pareve sign on the container. if it is certified pareve, I believe it *should* be casein-free. This website also might help you out:
http://www.okkosher.com/Content.asp?ID=7

and so with you on the wrapping paper thing. i think i just may throw out any leftover - i mean, i only pay like 89 cents a roll anyway - what's the harm in just pitching it?

11:10 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

why do they make you wait in line to wipe your bike down? i went to my first spinning class in miami, it was quite a workout. d thought the teacher (a guy) was probably a model for sports magazines.

6:52 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

www.suzannes-specialties.com
That is a site which sells Gluten free Marshmallow Creme...

I checked the ingredients on the Kraft one..and since it mentions Artificial Color and Flavor..I tend to worry...

6:55 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Thanks Babelbabe and Mary.

Bearette - There is a squirt bottle of sanitizer and a paper towel dispenser for wiping down the bikes. Everybody stands in line to get some sanitizer squirted on the towel for wiping down the bike.

Class was really crowded and I'm one of those people who everybody always seems to cut in front of.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don’t support Lisa to go any further in her terrible confusion, if she is your friend, help her to make positive choices, this is real support, not starting dark war, based on madness, thank you…

10:08 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Dear Anonymous,

Dark War? You have been watching too many Star Wars episodes.

From what I have read of Lisa's blog, she is very articulate and of sound mind.

If she wants to rid herself of toxic relatives, that is her perogative. We should all be so brave.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Hee,"My,your lips are turning blue"lmao!
Sounds like a great time!

I often feel that way about my Mum(inlaw) Death just sucks.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

My first time here...I love your blog!!!
I have never tried a spinning class, of coure, I belong to a gym that I havne't been at in 2 months sooooo. :) I jsut do my walking and stuff at home. :) I loved that scene in "13 going on 30!" that guy cracked me up....and jennifer garners reaction was priceless...lol Now I want to go watch taht movie!! hehe

Thanks for stopping by! oh, and I see you got the same anonymous comment that Ms. L did! Too funny... lol

12:40 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Chelle,

Thanks for coming here.

Yes, the anonymous crazy visited me too.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home