Saturday, March 04, 2006

Waking Up Is Hard To Do

"J" caught the Amtrak this morning to go visit her Dad. The departure time was 6:35 a.m. We had to leave at 5:15 so I was up by 4:30. Ick.

I wanted to sneak off without SJ, but he woke up so we took him also. SJ has a finely honed radar that kicks in when I get up in the morning without him. I am NOT to do anything without him stuck like a booger to my leg.

SJ is also much like his father in the mornings. He doesn't wake up easily. My husband has improved over the years about being so grumpy in the morning. SJ has a long way to go on curbing his grumpiness.

So he yelled a while. When I picked him up, he yelled to be put down. When I put him down, he yelled to be picked up. Maybe he will take an early nap today. Now that would be nice.
********************
Last night I was ready to complain because we couldn't get take-out anymore. Then I realized there are worse things in life to complain about.

Sure, I didn't feel like cooking, but all I had to do was open the freezer, thaw some meat in the microwave and cook it. I nuked some potatoes and heated some canned corn on the stove.

It wasn't high cuisine but nobody was complaining.

I can think of worse things, like not having any food at all.

I DO miss Chinese food. I will have to learn to cook it - with gluten-free soy, of course.
********************
I took the kids to an indoor play place yesterday called "Funtastic."

"A" did her usual job of picking out a "friend" to play with.

She looks around the room and finds the kid whose mother looks like she's been sucking on lemons AND has a fork crammed up her ass. That's the kid she plays with.

Anyway, this kid accidentally grabbed "A's" juice box and, gasp, put it to his mouth. The mother didn't just say, "That isn't yours."

She said it in a tone of voice that really said, "OMG, you're going to get cooties and die after drinking from the same box as that vile child."

I hate uptight people.

And his name was Carter. Please don't take offense if any of you have a kid named Carter, but it made me think she watched too much E.R. And I hated the way she whined his name.

"Carter, get down, you might get hurt. Carter don't take candy from strangers. Carter, I will never cut the apron strings and no girl will ever be good enough for you!"

Anyhoo, y'all have a great weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

"Oh,and Carter? Have a nice time?"

9:44 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

i hate waking up too. unless i've had oodles of sleep.

11:46 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

I KNEW there was a reason I called my guys the booger boys : )

12:30 PM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Those are the best parents...the ones who seem like they are eternally constipated..and while out their children's names until u wanna beat them (the parent) with stick...

8:35 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I have ways of getting even with those kinds of mothers.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Haaaa,my child ALWAYS finds that same kind of mother!

Hope you got some good sleep after your early morning wake up!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home