Saturday, April 08, 2006

I Can Stop Anytime I Want To, Really...

I went three days without blogging, right?

I usually don't buy tabloid rags, but I couldn't pass up The National Enquirer this week.

Why? There was a picture of Whitney Houston's "Drug Den" (her bathroom) on the front cover.

Now when anybody's bathroom is dirtier than mine, especially somebody famous, that is worth paying my two-dollars and ninety-nine cents, thank you very much.

The picture was taken by Tina Brown, Bobby's sister.

Tina is a recovered addict, but Whitney is still using. Since Whitney is out of money to borrow, Tina decided to sell some pics to The Enquirer for cash. At least, that's my theory.

The whole shame of this thing, IMHO is that Whitney has a young daughter.

Apparently Whitney goes on drug binges, ignores her personal hygiene and pleasures herself with sex toys.

Now the only time she warbles out her sickening rendition of "I Will Always Love You," is when she's serenading her crack pipe.

There's a bright side though. Bobbi Kristina and Francis Bean are now attending al-anon meetings together. (Yes, kidding.)

Remember Whitney's song, "Greatest Love?"

Remember the line, "No matter what they take from me, they can't take away my dignity?"

It's okay, Whitney, you took it away all by yourself.

Fifteen short years ago, she was beautiful. Now she looks like twenty miles of bad road.

But hey, it's her perogative.

18 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

do you think it's really her bathroom, though? i always take the national enquirer with a grain of salt...or a whole mountain of it ;)

9:49 PM  
Blogger blackbird said...

oh!
I saw that picture this weekend...I'm so glad you've covered the story for me!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Bearette - It probably isn't. A picture of her on the toilet in the bathroom would have been good. Then again....eeeewwww!

Blackbird - You should cover the story too. You write good stuff!

9:41 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

carolyn - step away from the tabloid racks, woman!

12:22 PM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

I think it's a big sell-out by sil. Shame on her.

And sex and cocaine? Nahhhh. If you're doing boatloads of cocaine, the most you want to do is play bridge or do crosswords or cryptoquips, while grinding your teeth and drinking copious quantities of Jack Daniels. Or whatever is handy.

Ahem-not that I would know, of course.

I like the woman gives birth to alien stuff better.

And I didn't get much flinging done. I forgot how much work a 4 and 5 yo are entirely on my own. For days.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Was I dreaming, or was there a Whitney/Bobby reality show on TV for a while?

5:46 AM  
Blogger Joke said...

Gina,

Given all the coverage of their ::cough, cough:: legal trouble, it just seems that way.

-J.

7:07 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

What a waste! Now let's have a picture of J-Lo's bathroom with her solid gold fixtures. Some people have way too much money.

Do you ever think about the fact a person can't afford to take their kids to the movie anymore because it's too expensive?

It's no wonder that Hollywood people like the two above think they are so important. The rest of us just keep paying the bucks and let them get away with it.

Houston is no better or worse than any other drug addict.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Gina,

I googled about the reality show. It was ringing a distant bell in my brain also once you mentioned it.

The show was called "Being Bobby Brown". I'm not sure if it ever made it on air or not.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I absolutely loved Whitney's music. She was so talented - too bad she threw it all away.
Nothing wrong with grabbing the Enquirer now and then...sometimes you just can't help yourself!!
Glad to see you blogging. You always give me a chuckle. :)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Vickee-

My husband leaves town at the end of this month for a week and I am dreading it. The kids mug him when he gets home and I get a break.

I thought when people did coke, they liked to scrub their house with a toothbrush. Not that I would, ahem, know.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Kristin,

Thanks.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I know what you mean about dreading your hubby being gone. Those few hours before he gets there and you want to wring their little necks. That key in the door when he gets home is your only link to sanity sometimes. Good luck!!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Bwah!
Her perogitive
heeheehee

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually the show "Being Bobby Brown" is definately on. I don't know how many are reruns but it is shown on Bravo (between Queer Eye and Celebrity Poker" Now thats a place to go to torture your brain

3:57 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh man.,...I saw that...and was sooo tempted to buy it!! hehe BUT...I am a skeptic at heart and figured it was just a ploy to take my money. So I bought "Star" in stead..hehe

5:56 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Being Bobby Brown! Yes! It's reassuring to know that I haven't been dreaming about the creation of reality TV shows. :-)

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a couple episodes of the Bobby Brown show. It was... weird. Whitney has so much talent, it's sad to see her throwing it away.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home