Sunday, April 02, 2006

Not Much To Say

Don't let your jaws hit the floor, but I don't have much to say tonight.

Are pink pigs flying past the windows yet?

We worked on spring cleaning some more this weekend. I tackled a particularly heinous closet. I ended up with two bags of trash and three bags for charity. Now I need to actually drive the bags to Goodwill instead of leaving them in the garage for months.

Middle child was kind enough to pass her cold on to me and SJ. He has been a bit of a turd today like most kids are when they're sick.

I had to go to the pharmacy to get him some of the kid's medicine that dissolves instantly in his mouth. Otherwise, my shirts gain a tie-dyed effect with little splotches of purple and red, depending on which medicine I try to give him.

It beats me how a kid who will eat non-food objects can so violently reject stuff that is supposed to be injested.

After I went to the pharmacy, I went to the grocery store. There was a little container of cut up watermelon for six bucks. Usually I'm too cheap to pay that, but it looked delicious and it was. I only got a few bites but it was a slice of heaven in the middle of this darn rainy weather that is supposed to last THROUGH APRIL! Come on already warm weather!

My husband was the recipient of my pitiful attempts at wit today. He needed the step stool and asked, "Do you know where the blue stool is?"

"Up the smurf's butt," I replied.

It must be tough being married to a wit like me, but somehow he manages.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You mentioned that J was getting a permit soon... that means a liscense will soon follow... THAT means your days of running errands are almost over...

8:32 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

SOunds like things are a little crazy at your house right now!! SOrry the sickness is going around. SUcks :(

I like your wit....sounds like somthing I would say to my hubby if asked the same qustion...lol

9:34 PM  
Blogger Joke said...

I'm stealing that smurf line.

-J.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I don't know where you are, but here in San Diego I am dying for some more chilly weather. Too hot and dry this year! I love your sense of humor too.

9:44 AM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Oh, I wish we had a blue stool so I could use your line :p

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh don't be so hard on yourself. You are only half a wit!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mother in Law, Mother in Law (your are too young to remember that song)
You know I love your wit, it fits right in with mine.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Kristin - We live near Sacramento. Last year, in March, we were having record highs. It was in the 80's. It felt so nice. Summer didn't hit until late July.

This year is so dreary that everyone is stir-crazy.

11:22 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

That smurf line in a good one.!

We had that same sickness. It travelled through the family, one at a time, getting weaker with each strike. But it meant I was home for 2 weeks solid with sick kiddos, no visitors, no trips out.

Sorry your weather is el stinko. We're getting the sprinklers turned on April 10. I can guarantee it will snow 2 times after that, but it's been so dry, I said screw it - turn 'em on.

And is J getting a license soon?! YIKES is all I can say!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

LMAo,I love your wit!
I'm sorry you guys are sick:(
I think I'm getting a cold too..
Booooo to colds!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kristin-Come to Central Ca, it's been pouring buckets for the past few weeks. I'd glady trade from some sun.

7:31 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Carolyn, you always manage to make me laugh when I need it most. Great line. My brain is so crippled at the moment that I had to read it twice. God, if I don't get some real sleep soon, I may die.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That blue stool part was pretty funny. :)

I remember once I found a journal my mom kept when my siblings and I were little. I was horrified to see that she once wrote, "I wish the kids were sick today."

Her explanation was that we were less turdish when we were ill.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home