Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Street Where We Live



Today Blackbird at say la vee wanted pictures of the street where we live for show and tell Thursday. (Look to your right for her blog link!) My camera is down so I am stealing some old pics.

The first pic is looking down our driveway to the left.

The second pic is looking down to the right. The second one is representative of our weather today and how it currently looks outside.

Our street is filled with senior citizens. There is a golf course around the corner. Many of them moved here when houses were less than 50,0000.

It is a quiet street. Nobody uses it as a shortcut to get somewhere else as it is out of the way. It is hilly which makes me pant when I walk around the block.

The name of the street has the word "oak" in it. There are lots of oaks around. Guess what I have developed an allergy to? C'mon give it your best shot! :D

We used to see wild turkeys on our street but we haven't recently. I think there is too much building going on and their habitat is being destroyed. That makes me sad.

10 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

no way! Are you really allergic to oak? That's insane!

11:02 AM  
Blogger blackbird said...

Ack. I feel for you.
My nose is like a faucet.
But your street is pretty!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

I'm just allergic when they bloom at the beginning of the year.

Otherwise, I would be a wreck all year long.

Oh wait - I am a wreck!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

i like turkeys. they used to congregate in my english teacher's driveway.

allergies are awful, especially in the spring.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never got to see turkeys growing up around my parents house, but as soon as I was married & went away, the turkeys & deer went crazy there. Mom & Dad say that you can watch them both from the livingroom window. I wished I had that! I love nature.

I'm allergic to everything!

3:12 PM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Dang it! I posted a reply but can't find it.

Well I was all clever earlier, but now? Not so much. The boys are clamoring for the usual burnt special.

I LOVE your hood. Love the agave perched to cause grievous damage out front. Love the hills in the distance (is that a Bette Middler song that makes me want to scream? Something spooky about God?)

And more I sayeth not. Not while the hooligans are hooliganning around with sharp pointy objects.

4:21 PM  
Blogger L said...

Turkeys would be kool to see, we used to have owls until hurricane charley went thru.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your street. It looks nice and shady.

(not in a drug dealer, prostitute kind of way-- but literally, "shaded by trees".)

7:17 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Oh, and I'm blaming all allergies on Global Warming.

12:18 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

I like your street :)

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home