Thursday, April 27, 2006

Tired - But Not Ready For Bed

All the children are asleep. It's so deliciously quiet.

I'm waiting for my allergy pill to kick in so the flood of snot will lighten to a trickle and I can sleep also.

Due partially to the fact that gas is 3.07 a gallon, I have been skipping the 20 mile drive to the gym and walking around the block a few times instead.

I felt awkward before I started. I wasn't pushing a stroller. Could I even go outside in public without pushing a stroller or pulling a wagon?

I could have taken the dog, but stopping every two seconds so he can sniff or pee on a bush isn't my idea of exercise.

My husband had asked around Christmas if maybe I would like a mobiblu MP3 player.

I told him I didn't think I would probably use it so he didn't get it. But then I thought some more and purchased one for myself. My husband pointed out to me that our MP3's don't have to be converted to itunes to transfer them. They go straight from the computer to the mobiblu. It is less than half the price of an ipod. I know ipods are cooler, but I'm not cool so I really like it.

Once I got up my courage and hooked the headphones, buds whatever they're called to my ears, I started walking.

Not one person yelled, "Move faster fatty!" Phew.

Hearing music made walking, well, FUN. I walked twice what I would have without it. Yes, I should be satisfied with the sounds around me - birds chirping, wind chimes, dogs - but I'm not.

AND I finally found a use for a bra besides making me feel like a boa constrictor has me in its grip. The MP3 player fit perfectly in it so it didn't bounce around when I walked. (The MP3 player didn't bounce, that is.)

I even had a smile on my face. It probably looked like I was ecstatic to be exercising when, in reality, I was listening to Joe Walsh sing about big tits.

I am hooked on the MP3. Does the novelty wear off or is this a permanent addiction?

18 Comments:

Blogger EdotR said...

I wish I had ur motivation for excersing..but everytime I hear the Pilates instructor go:

"Ok now,use ur powerhouse!"

She's lost me.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Pilates? Eek. You are a brave woman.

6:34 AM  
Blogger L said...

You are addicted and the music helps keep you motivated walk on babe.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

i'm still hooked on my ipod.

what is that joe walsh song ?!?

pilates is really cool, actually. it helps your lower back. mary, my instructor always talks about the "powerhouse" too...she just means lower abs. she tells us to imagine we're zipping a tight pair of jeans.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Bearette -

The Joe Walsh song is called "I like Big Tits".

It has very silly lines like
"They come in twos - Can hardly choose my favorite tit."

My humor is juvenile, I know.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Mp3s are great when cooking supper you can tune into your music and not hear the kiddos yell is supper done and what are we having.
Came here via my twin's blog Lori :)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Beadinggalinms - Ooh, that sounds like a plan!

8:04 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Thank God you're updating everyday again. I missed it so much.

Big tits and pinata ropes are all funny when you blog about them.

8:17 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

I might have to get one of those. The Will to Exercise has been eluding me for 10 years. Not good. I did Pilates on a reformer from the late 80's to late 90's. It was the best exercise I'd ever done.

Maybe if I get one of those guys, plug myself in, I'd get back into it? It's worth the investment. And walking? I could do that. It's really hilly here, too, and that's the best.

And if someone ever does ask what you're doing walking around the 'hood (you DO live in California, my dear), you can say 'I'm looking for the Meaning of Life'. They will jump out of their car and start walking with you. Before you know it, you'll have a crowd. Then you can start a religion, and become a tax-free entity. This could be the start of something really big!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Vickee - You are a hoot!

9:10 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

ohhh...so THAT's the Powerhouse...lol..thanx bearette...

9:17 AM  
Blogger blackbird said...

I need information about the bra, please.

I got a free iPod shuffle yesterday and am looking forward to walking with it...you have inspired me to take the leap and program it.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out the song. I like juvenile humor, but you probably figured that out.;)

I need to start walking, I'm starting to knock things over with my stomach & butt! :D

10:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It wears off a little bit, but for the most part, you're hooked! HAHAHA!

I got my apple iPod mini a year and 1/2 ago and I still use it ALLL the time! Even when exercising at home its great to use and tune out everything. Plus, knowone comes screaming, "Turn it down we can hear it throughout the entire house!"

iTunes is awesome though. You can download ONE song instead of having to go out and buy a whole CD. And if you have cd's you just pop them into the computer and 5 mins later all the songs are on your computer and then you plug in the iPod and there they are!

:-D

10:18 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Yes, do tell about the bra with pockets. Or are you just parking the darn thing in your cleavage?!

Ack! I would expect you to be loading Country Western into the MP3 if that's the case.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

I parked it in my cleavage, Vickee.

Yeehaw!

1:49 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

see, i'm just weird. i can't run listening ot music. it distracts me. but then we all know I am weird AND I have noise issues.

I am glad you are digging it. and in all my years of running, I have NEVER had anyone insult me, so you're probably safe - most people, esp. those also out running/walking are very friendly.

Those endorphins are ALMOST as good as drugs...

4:10 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

WOW! Good for you. I would love to do that more often. And without a stroller?? What a treat! I may have to ask my husbnad for one of those mp3 players. Fat chance since we just spent every dime we have on that house. Good for you for getting out there

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home