Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Beware the Soy Milk



Last night before I went to bed, I drank a glass of soy milk.

I woke up an hour later coughing and walked out to the couch. My left eye felt funny. I looked in the mirror and it was swelling up.

My airway was closing. I couldn't get enough air.

My husband set up the nebulizer and I felt much better afterwards EXCEPT the eye. It felt stuck shut AND it looked exactly like the eye on Disney's version of Quasimodo.

When my older daughter woke up, she told me her throat was very sore. I told her I could trump that and related my tale.

"Look at my eye," I said.

"You look like Quasimodo, " she blurted.

Now the eye is less swollen. I look a bit like a Picasso painting, but not too bad.

Good-bye soy and tofu. I will miss you.
********************
I will try to post more later today but my schedule has been crazy. :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yuck! See what happens when you try to be healthy!;)

I never had that reaction, but I have never drank that either, nor do I think I'll try.:) I have had that kind of allergic reaction to other things. I hate when my eyes swell. So, I feel your pain. At least you gave the kids something to laugh. Kids are good at laughing at their Mom's pain. The sweet little things.;) When my asthma is causing me to breath funny, they will breath the same way, thinking I'm doing it as a joke.:)

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm still new at this & I appreciate your comments. :)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can top you... I had the Quazzimodo back...hehe....

2:00 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

that's horrible! i hope the swelling goes down soon.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow! I hope the swelling has gone down!! Apparently you didnt know about this allergy, eh?

7:37 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Chelle,

I've had soy milk before. This is new.

My stomach of iron has finally failed me.

7:58 PM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

I can't believe it was the soy milk! It's a dang BEAN! But I guess you could develope an allergy to bean protein. But I'm doubting it, if you drank it before.

I guess your little dude is gonna have to learn to cook for himself!

What was that woman's problem at TKD? Did you ever figure it out?

9:46 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Vickee,

I think her problem was that she was too sexy for her shirt. :P

Tofu gives me an upset stomach, but I have been eating it anyway. I think my body finally rebelled.

8:15 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Isn't it wonderful that you can always depend on your children to tell the truth? Mine have commented on my clothes and makeup many times (usually just when I'm ready to walk out the door and out of time).

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home