Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bit of This N That

I was too busy to blog yesterday and had all sorts of things to say.

Can I remember them today? Of course not.

I had forgotten to mention the highlight of the Saturday taekwondo tournament. There was a lady who appeared to be in her 30's. She was very well put-together. Her butt-hugging pants made it obvious she took care of herself. Her hair and make-up were both perfect.

She glared at me a few times. She was well within her rights, as I had not coiffed my eyebrows that morning.

She kept walking back and forth instead of say, sitting down and watching the tournament.

I was expecting to hear Drop Dead Fred start playing "I'm Too Sexy" at any moment.

My daughter and I had to park about what felt like a mile away from the tournament. There was a community yard sale across the street and a baseball game going on so the good parking was non-existent.

My daughter wanted to race to the gym. We had to hurry but I didn't want to run.

Since my oldest daughter has pointed out how much my chest bounces up and down when I run, I've become self-conscious about it.

Since I wasn't wearing a sports bra, duct tape and some Glad Press N Seal, I didn't want to make a spectacle of myself.

Ironically my oldest daughter has noticed that her boobs DO THE SAME THING. Mwahahahahaha. What comes around goes around.
********************
After the tournament, my youngest daughter and I went to lunch. I showed her how to put the napkin on her lap. Shouldn't women tuck the napkin in their neck like a redneck at a barbeque?

When we drop food, it hits our boobs on the way down, never making it to our lap. Hell, just give me a bib.
**********************
Big Lots had some Revlon highlighting stuff to make your face glow. For four dollars, I thought it was worth a shot.

The directions said use it under or over your foundation. Being the brain surgeon I am, I decided to try it by itself.

I'm not sure if I looked more like a mime or Michael Jackson.

Now using it over my foundation gives me a youthful glow. At least that's what I keep trying to tell myself.

18 Comments:

Blogger Marste said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Marste said...

Bahahahahahaha!!! Gotta love the "stage moms" - I don't care what the venue is; sports, dance, whatever, the mentality is the same.

I know what you mean about the boobs, too. By the time I'm done putting on enough bras to go running, I feel like I've HAD my damn workout . . .

Deleted and reposted because I couldn't figure out how to edit it, and good spelling is my friend. :P

7:57 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Marste,

I got the impression she had probably been a cheerleader/prom/homecoming queen and she was not likely to forget it or to let anyone else either.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ditto momslo, I have to wear 2 too. Regular and sports... sports bras just don't hold them like they should...

8:52 AM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

"I had not coiffed my eyebrows that morning"...you totally crack me up Carolyn (and I mean this in the best possible way)!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah, there are ALWAYS moms like that. I mean...I've had to take my kids to events that started at like 8 am. WHO looks good at 8 am??? Uhhh not me!! lol Sweatpants and t shirt and ponytail!! I have come to the conclusion that well, I dont care what ms. ex pom pom girl thinks of me!! LOL

I love this post!!! and I, too, wear a reg bra and a sports bra.....I just like those babies to keep the bouncing to a minimum!! heh

10:05 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

It sounds like everyone exercises but me! I can barely stand to wear a bra, Ladies!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Joke said...

BTW, Drop Dead Fred is a hilarious movie, Right Said Fred is the Brit heterophobe duo who sand "I'm Too Sexy."

-J.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Oops. Thanks Joke.

Now you have me wanting to re-watch that movie.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Vernicious,

You DON'T coif your eyebrows?

Momslo,

I never thought of that.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

LOL what a great post!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to try your idea on bras. Sounds like a redneck, sports bra.

No wonder I get stares when eating in public with my napkin tucked into my shirt.:D

3:22 PM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Hey, I coiffed my brows just yesterday. Seriously.
I saw Drop Dead Fred being filmed at the Mall of America in Minnesota many moons ago. The gaffers and hoofers (okay, I made up the last one) were acting like we should all be In Awe that Hollywood was gracing us with their presence. I never saw the movie as they made me wait loaded down with shopping bags -- in high heels. Hrmph!

I haven't met any of Those kinds of parents yet at TKD. There is a sharp-dressed man (ZZ Tops!) that occasionally reads while his son works out. The rest of us? Totally in Keens and sweats. I wear earrings to distinguish myself from the menfolk. Some of them have longer hair than mine, and better coiffed!

There is a sports bra from Title Nine that is guaranteed to stop DDD's from that Bobcats in a Gunnysack look. If I were the running sort and sporting Big-Uns, I'd check it out.

Who is stalker stacy? Sounds dire.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Bobcats in a gunnysack - LMAO!

I'll have to check out that bra!

Stalker Stacey is an old high school "friend." She appears to think housewives do nothing but watch TV and eat chocolates all day. I wish!

She calls and leaves at least one (sometimes two) messages on my phone machine daily.

I call back after seven or so days of this and talk about an hour. This is an hour of listening to her go on and on about her health problems.

Then she calls back TWO DAYS LATER and the whole cycle starts again.

Yes, I should grow a backbone, but years of conditioning are hard to overcome. :D

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But think of how spectacular you'd look in those slow-mo shots on Baywatch... the flat-chested girls just never looked right. ;)

4:27 PM  
Blogger EdotR said...

u guys should see the ones that are at Miss C's new daycare...Total Ice Queens, with hair so coiffed it looks like they are permantely married to Aqua Net...

As for Bra's...Sport Bra's are my enemy...anything with the word "sport' is...


Love the Stalker Stacy tales..lol!!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Phwew, glad to know I am not the only one wearing 2 bras to exercise.... I always feel SO funny putting that 2nd on... But really, I would rather that than a black eye... hehe...

7:43 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Techie,

LOL

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home