Thursday, May 18, 2006

Blogged Out?

Like Babelbabe this week, I have blogger's block. Argh. Me without an opinion or something to say! Does anyone see pink pigs flying?

I hope this is temporary
********************
Yesterday I was eating carrots and I sneezed. Did you know that it was possible to sneeze masticated bits of food out of your nose? Now you do.
********************
From the paper - "Stressed Miami drivers speed, tailgate and cut off other drivers so frequently that the city earned the title of worst road rage in a survey released Tuesday."

What do you want to bet that the people who were surveyed were all the snowbirds who putter along ten miles below the speed limit?
********************
There was also an incident about a shaken baby in the paper. I won't go into details because this kind of stuff sickens me.

It's a baby. Put them in a room for time out. Walk off.

I will never understand how someone could shake their baby.

Shaken teen syndrome - that I could understand. Because that, I want to do several times a day.
********************
My little guy may be participating in a U.C. Davis sleep study. It depends on if he will wear a small device around his ankle that looks like a watch.

I'm betting he won't go for it.

10 Comments:

Blogger MsCellania said...

It's tough to get them to do stuff at 3, even a 'normal' 3 (does anyone here have a normal kid?). You might try tying it to a reward, but delayed gratification ain't gonna cut it. Chocolate? Watching TV? Does he have sleep issues? Is it worth it? You know me; I'm jumpy with anything to do with feet.

And YES about Miami road rage! It's the Blue Hairs causing all the troubles. That and the distracted mothers in minivans. We had some numbnuts who insisted on cutting in front of us today, then slowed down and started doing that driving-while-reaching-behind-her stuff. She scooted through a 'pink' light and almost got T-boned. It was pretty horrifying. I thought "OMG, we would have gotten involved in that douchebag's negligence, as the car that hit her more than likely would've smacked into us next." (These were my exact words) From the backseat? Oldest: "Mommy - what is douchebag?" YIPES! Busted!

We've had 2 shaken baby cases here recently. Very young mothers. They have no coping skills! It's not like dolls, people. 3 lives, over in an instant. Tragic.

We have Dorm Syndrome around here. I had TheBlock this week too. I just felt boring.

What did you find out about that galvanized tub?

10:05 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

I'll bet you know that *I* knew that you could sneeze masticated food out your nose.

3:48 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

But he loves watches! Does he still say "cock" for "clock"? ;)

4:17 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Vickee - I haven't call yet. Yesterday was super busy.

Babelbabe - What did you blow out your nose?

Bearette - He still likes clocks but he hates being made to do anything that isn't his idea. We will have to trick him somehow.

6:23 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

You could have his sister wear it and pretend it's WAY too precious for him to even touch. Then when he 'gets' to wear it, he might like it.

You will, of course, have to majorly bribe his sister to be your accomplice.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Vickee,

You"re devious. I LIKE it.

9:58 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I was at a Florida supermarket and saw two oldies back out a the same time. I could see the fender bender coming. Neither one of them looked behind them. Luckily, their "warp speed" is 5 miles per hour.

Everytime food comes out my nose, some gets stuck and I have a sinus infection. It's really gunky when you take antibiotics, it finally lets go and drains down your throat.

I read a Maxine today. It said mothers of teenagers understand why animals eat their young.


Bearette's idea sounds like a plan for the little one.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Ha,shaken teen syndrome.
Mine turns 13 in a week:(

I like Vickee's idea,very clever!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Vickee beat me to it...I was going to say something similar. I was going to suggest that you tell him, "Don't you DARE wear this watch around your neck," and hide it in an obvious place ;) The thrill of the forbidden...

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a very small piece of ham stuck in my sinuses & the doctors didn't believe me, but because of it, I had a paulup come through my nose too, that I didn't know about. I also find out that I had some cysts in my sinus cavities & I found all this out because of the ham, otherwise I could still be growing the paulup in there & never know about the cysts. The doctors all said they never heard of anyone breathing food up through their nose, but now I'm glad to hear I'm not alone.:)

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home