Saturday, May 20, 2006

Eating Pizza With The Kids

SJ is off his diet this week, mostly because I have been sick and lacking in energy.

So we had pizza delivered tonight. One wouldn't think that eating pizza is quite an adventure but they would be wrong.

1. Lure SJ in house with breadstick.

2. Put the breadstick on a plate on the table. Move aside dirty cups that I was too tired to pick up earlier.

3. Notice that SJ has spilled orange soda all over the dining room floor that was mopped yesterday. Clean it up.

4. Fix A's plate and drink. Set it in front of her. Listen to her complain because she got water instead of soda.

5. Fix my plate. Sprinkle peppers on pizza.

6. Sit down and realize that soda was also spilled in the chair. Go to bedroom to change into dry shorts.

7. Come back to table. Wonder why SJ is crying. Realize he took a bit of my pepper covered pizza.

8. Get up to show A where the parmesan cheese packets are. Tell her to open it herself.

9. Sit down. Take a bite. Realize peppers are super hot. Eat pizza while panting frantically in an effort to cool my mouth.

10. Tell SJ to quit wiping his hands on my shirt. Show him the wet towel I laid out for that use.

11. Jump five feet as SJ spills his second drink all over my leg.

12. Help SJ take off his soda saturated shoes.

13. Mop up SJ's second drink off the floor that was clean a little over 24 hours ago.

14. Finish gobbling now cold pizza.

15. Follow SJ outside to put clean shoes on him.

So what is dinner like at your house?

12 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Not half as exciting as yours!!! LOL We just always end up talking about poop or something. *sigh* LOL Kids love to talk about bodily functions.....even as teenagers. lol

6:15 PM  
Blogger Joke said...

Dinner is pretty easy. I put on my safari outfit, get a chair and whip...

-J.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dinner, what dinner... Ooohhh, you mean that stuff I shove down my throat either alone in front of the tv or on my way to the theatre? Gotcha!

Oh, and yes, the swelling will go down.

10:13 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

A little less spillage involved in ours...fortunately :D

6:22 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Dinner..hmm...I try to read the paper as Miss C tries desperately to chew off whatever remaining gluten filled bite is on my fork...or she tries to stuff my mouth with saliva ridden leftovers she has deamed un-edible.

Bon apetite!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Our dinner time is just about as chaotic. I don't even remember what it is like to eat sitting down. I want milk! I want Juice! I don't like this fork! I want his orange! It goes on and on until mommy starts screaming and climbs under the table in the fetal position.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you thought of eating outside?

10:49 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Pretty mucht he same. although H and I are really strict about once we sit down, we do not get up.

so we keep the milk and bowls of food on the table. to avoid getting up.

and i generally have a drink every night before dinner so that helps enormously.

10:49 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Do you want the 3-part play or quick version?

Quick version:
Cooked 3 different choices; vegetarian, which was leftover mac n cheese and rice; vegetables for all of us (carrots, celery and snap peas, served raw); turkey cheeseburgers and round steak (okay, hot dogs!) on the grill and then a plate of nachos. Waters all around.

Burgers - overcooked and dry as bones. Rice and mac n cheese - nuked to smokin' hot and inedible for 10 minutes. Nachos, slid on to floor on their way to the table when oldest tripped over my shoes. Unceremoniously scooped up and plopped back on plate. One water spilled after filling it at refrigerator, the other spilled on to the table loaded with newspapers.

Verdict: Completely normal. I don't know why I just don't toss the food on the floor to begin with, and save washing of the serving pieces and plates.

Oh, and we ran out of gas in the barbeque grill, which was par for the course. At least we had another tank - amazing luck there.

Meals are easier during the week, when dh isn't home. Weekends, everything goes into the tank due to lack of a schedule. Yeah, that's it; it's all HIS fault!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Haa,nothing like that although it used to be.
One example.
We used to have to eat in the bathroom with Ciari, watching her in the bath so she'd shut up for 5 precious minutes;p

Your pizza sounds good!
What kind of peppers?

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only excitement during our dinner time is Alex's furry head appearing over the edge of the table, hoping for a taste.

Excitement level increases when margartias are involved.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Undomestic said...

Ditto.

I've seriously considered serving cereal for dinner...because they seem to do so much better at breakfast..most of the time.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home