Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hand Over the Keys and the Credit Card and Get the Hell Out Of The Way!

My teen daughter got her driver's permit last Friday. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

It WILL be nice in six months, when I don't have to drive her to and from school. She can transport herself, thank you very much.

That will free up forty to forty-five minutes of my day that one of the other kids will be glad to fill with something else that I don't feel like doing.
********************
This from the paper - Betty Crocker is ending their catalog so redeem your points now. Yet another company quits awarding customer loyalty. What a shock.
********************
Speaking of shock, three dollars and twenty-six cents a gallon for gas is making me hyperventilate. I hope when President Dousche dies, and goes to the hell he so richly deserves, he is doused every half hour with gasoline. Then he can burn just a bit hotter than everyone else.
********************
I was reading a book and lost it. The title? "Out of Reach."
********************
I purchased a woman's magazine and they mentioned some new sneakers. These new sneakers help make your legs work like you are walking in sand.

You can lose inches off your thighs.

The price? Only about two-hundred fifty bucks. Heck, I'll take three pairs. My family can skip eating for a few weeks, right?

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Ohhhh the dreaded permit!! lol I was scared stiff when my daughter got hers. Now.....it's cool that she drives everywhere herself....BUT...those hours she needs of logged driving time WITH a parent...will cause your hair to gray!! EEK!!! :) It's all good though...it's all good :)

8:26 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I think we need some of them young French twerps to come over and complain about the gas prices. Nobody else seems to be doing it.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow congrats to J. Who is going to ride with her to log her hours. If Big S complains remind him that he (His dad & I) spent $150.00 to get him professional driver training cause he could not wait one semester. Make him ride with her. Tell her she can drive me when I see her.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, much as I hate to admit it the only way we are ever going to find or accept alternative fuel is if we are hurt in the pocketbook. Europeans pay for gas by the liter. I think it works out to something like $6.00 per gallon. Thats why they drive those ugly little clown cars. Well they are the smart ones. You see many of them riding bicycles or walking. It wouldn't kill us to do more of that. (Well it would kill me, but if I lived in New York City it would be a non-issue)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Marste said...

Congrats on the permit! It's true about going gray while logging in that driving time! My dad tried to teach me, but that didn't work out so well. Mom drove me nuts, but at least I learned! LOL

Gas prices . . . It's over 3.50 a gallon here in SoCal (and it's not even summer, when gas prices always climb drastically). A friend of mine gets 80 MPG on his Honda motorcyle. I'm thinking I could learn to ride one of those . . .

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But just think- now you have someone to do grocery store runs for you when you get a craving!

Not that I have ever made my husband do this.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I remember when my son got his. It took nerves of steel when I first let him drive. Still has not improved any lol :)

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, on the skipping food thing, whatever it takes to make Mommy happy!:)

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home