Thursday, June 15, 2006

Clearing the Air

I think I accidentally stole someone else's "L" word.

Ms. L. said she calls her cat Licks a Lot. She probably blogged it and I read it. Then I forgot about it and later, I thought I came up with an original idea.

See how I am.

My apologies to Ms. L.

I have two more "L" things though.

"Liquor Store" - I used to take the kids to the liquor store to get candy. It is called the "XYZ" liquor store. One day, in front of some other Mom's, "A" asked, "Mom, can we go to the liquor store?" It was one of my proudest moments.

The other "L" is:

"Leaving Town" - I need to get my butt in gear and finish getting ready for this. I hope each and every one of you has a "Lovely" weekend.

Ciao!

11 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

You didn't steal it!
I don't believe I've ever blogged about that,so it WAS your original idea!

9:05 PM  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

Aren't kids just the best!!

5:00 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Lmao at the Liquor store!

Have a great weekend!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

One of my "proudest moments" was when the boy first started reading. Walking through an outdoor shopping center kind of place, we passed a bar with a "Happy Hour" sign in the window. He looked at it for a moment and then said, "What's a happy whore?" I floundered for a second before I realized what the hell he was talking about, and then practically shouted, "HOUR! Happy HOUR!" He looked at me like I was an idiot.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Marste said...

A "Licks a Lot"-stealing, takin-kids-to-the-liquor-store person, huh? I always thought you had it in you. LOL ;)

7:44 AM  
Blogger L said...

Have a wonderful weekend!

I must confess I bought my son some plastic shot glasses from a liquor store, so he could pour his juice in them so he could do CHEERS with them.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Have a crazy wicked time! Make sure you stop by the liquor store for supplies for the kiddies!

11:04 AM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

I love the liqour store comment! BTW I finally posted my response to "R". So I'll leave you by wishing you a restorative, recuperative and relaxing rest...I think the Rs have gone to my head ;)

11:49 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Where are you going? Did I miss a post?
We are going to ride various trains this weekend and next week. The boys, they are crazy for trains. The Daddy-sized boy is the most crazy for them.

12:55 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You just don't know how much I need to go to the Liquor Store. I am "out" of almost everything except B&B, which, of course, is fairly priceless.

5:23 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Carolyn - hope you are having a lovely time.
I am drunk-commenting on everyone's blog tonight because I have the time. And the inclination. But not so much the typing skillz.(This is where I start saying, "I LOOOOOVE youse guys!")

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home