Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday Friday Friday Friday - Woo Hoo

Can you tell I'm glad it's Friday?

My oldest daughter is out of school and out of town this week.

My son had no pre-school this week.

I have only had one kid to drive back and forth to school.

This was a relaxing week, in theory.

Somehow they never turn out that way.

But Saturday...my husband and I have a date for FOUR whole hours. I'm thinking dinner and a movie. Hopefully there's some good movies out right now. I heard "Over The Hedge" was great, but I'm not sure I can talk my husband into it. Suggestions please!
*******************
My son has waited forever for an appointment with a behavioral therapist. We finally made one weeks ago for June 1st at 6:00 p.m.

My daughter's school had open house this week on June 1st at 6:00 p.m.

My husband was unsure of his schedule and I can't clone myself so the appointment was cancelled.

I am going to look for a new therapist who isn't taking vacation constantly so we can get him in.

And there were some questions regarding the clay bath. I finally called the company and asked the lady on the phone about a galvanized tub. She asked if it was a new one and I said no. She said since the coating was probably worn off it was okay, but a normal bathtub is best. The harder the material the clay is in, the less likely the clay is to draw into the material than into your body.

So old galvanized tub is okay. She said hard plastic, like a kid's pool or foot bath, was okay too, but not optimal.
********************
Meryl Streep was interviewed recently in Parade. The article was titled "Actress Meryl Streep reveals...My Secret For Happiness."

Wouldn't that be her big fat bank account?
********************
When we were at Tahoe, I was looking through the motel room book promoting local businesses.

There was a hair salon ad with two young women in it. They both had stylish hair and incredibly huge trout pout. (overdone collagen lips.)

And the looks on their faces made it abundantly clear that they must be a FULL service salon. I wonder if the girls working in the salon really look like that.

Maybe eager men show up and the hairdressers resemble the landlady in "Kingpin."
********************
There is another "style" besides trout pout that confuses me.

Last week I was up at two a.m. courtesy of SJ.

There was a band on TV and one of the men in it was wearing a hair net AND all white clothes.

Is this the cafeteria lunch lady look? Are cafeteria ladies hot? Did I miss something?

Anyway he looked stupid to me. Ooh, baby let me run my fingers through your HAIR NET. Somebody hold me back.

7 Comments:

Blogger MsCellania said...

Thanks for the clay bath info. Funny that your tub is fine if it's OLD! WHo woulda thunk?!

LMAO about the Trout Pout (never heard that one) and hair net white draped dude! I think they used to call that netted hair thing a 'snood'. As in "Dude, Love the Snood!"

I have one in/one out of school. So I am having to entertain a bit more. I find that Oldest is very dependant on the audience provided by Youngest for all his triumphs and terrors. So Now he's Mommying? me to death every 10 minutes.

Can't help you with the movies. Since the addition of the theatre room, we wait for anything to come out on NetFlix. We are currently viewing MI-5, the BBC series and are hooked. I think we will take the boys to see Cars. It will be Youngest's first in-theatre movie. I'm girding my loins for it.

Have a great weekend, Carolyn!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

You have a good weekend too!

7:56 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

I am so psyched u get to go on a date!!! I need one too!!!

Well, it all depends what films u guys like...action: MI-III, X-Men, and if ur into drama I suggest: Akeelah and the Bee...

Thanx for the Clay update..!! let me know the progress u see!!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Clay bath?

Have fun on your date, I don't know what to see but Da Vinci Code was good.

I'm going out to dinner with my hubby right now!

TTFN

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL on the lunch lady guy. Maybe it's from a deep rooted crush he had on his sexy old lunch lady. heeheehee.;)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Being one of those without a ring or a babysitter on staff I was puzzled at first at "my husband and I have a date for FOUR whole hours." I'm quick, though, I figured it out. When I babysit, I never know when they're coming back.

Ideas: you should come to Pittsburgh. We're having a great party.

I have heard good things re: Da Vinci Code. I really want to see The Break Up, but I'm not thinking it's a movie you'd see on a date with a spouse you wanted to keep.

Have a great time!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Oh, and I'm with Mary Poppins on Akeelah. It is soo life affirming--plus, you learn a lot of new words, like...ursprache.

(oh I've been dying to use that word!)

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home