Saturday, June 03, 2006

Going Out

Me getting ready to go out on a date:

Hit the floor running Saturday morning
Load and run dishwasher
Feed kids breakfast
Get showered and do hair
Bath youngest daughter and get her dressed
Take her to the doctor for an albuterol prescription (asthma)
Go to the grocery store so there will be something for the sitter to eat
Go home
Feed kids lunch
Clean
Talk to MIL on phone while cleaning
Get off phone
Drive to drugstore to drop off prescriptions
Run back into grocery store for forgotten items
Come home
Clean and clean some more
Bathe son
Get him down for nap
Fold and put up laundry
Unload and reload dishwasher
Pick up kids toys off floors
Sweep
Start dinner
Clean off table
Deal with son who just woke up
Tell "A" to finish cleaning her room
Steal a four minute freshen up shower
Re-curl hair
Put on make-up
Answer door
Fix plate for kids and babysitter
Head out door accompanied by SJ's shrieks

Husband getting ready for night out: (fifteen minutes before it is time to go.)

"So what did you lay out for me to wear?"

Hahahahahahaha

He is so severely anemic right now he has to have B12 injections so please don't think he is an ass. (even though that is where he has to put the injections)

Still I think this is how most married couples do get ready for a date. Correct me if I'm wrong.


Sweep some more

13 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

So was your date some quiet place where you could nap? Hope you enjoyed your evening out!

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get some sleep on your date?

My husband is an ass! He does fall asleep on those twice a year events when we get together without the kids. That is, if he doesn't find other people to talk to. God forbid he talk to me.

I hope you had a great night! You deserve it! Maybe you guys even got to check out the leaky ceiling in your camper?!;)

6:15 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

PJ,

Thanks we went to Mexican food, where I got totally drunk. Then we went to the Indian store. Then we went out to ice cream.

Crazed,

I fell asleep in my son's bed by mistake while getting him to sleep. Sigh.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

heh...that was a funny crack about the ass ;)

8:31 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

LOL - You said ass and crack in the same sentence!

9:43 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Liquor and Ice Cream totally the best combination for the leaky ceiling Crazedmomof4 suggested...lol..

5:23 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

hehe...that was totally planned.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Marste said...

Well, I have no husband or kids of my own, but even though my sisters and I are (relatively) grown, that STILL seems to be the chain of events when my parents go out! :P

6:33 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Yeah Marste, I don't think men care as much about how the house looks as we do.

Well, except for when they can't find their stuff. Then it's our fault because the house is dirty. Oy.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Suse said...

This post cracked me up. It is soooo true.

Thanks for the giggle.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

You are preaching to the choir sister! My husband just IS an ass sometimes. You get EVERYTHING done and then he asks, when am I gonna give HIM a chance to get ready...Men. HA!

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the other hand, left to his own devices he might show up in that god awful mustard yellow t-shirt and jersey knit shorts. So lay out Mc Duff.

12:26 PM  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

your just such a busy bee!

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home