Friday, June 09, 2006

I Had a Title In Mind - But I Forgot

Tomorrow my six-year old has taekwondo at nine.

We are then supposed to take her to the local swimming park.

I need to take her to buy a birthday present for a birthday that is at 3:30. That is about three more things than I care to do on a Saturday.

The library is also having the buck a bag book sale. I would love to squeeze that in.

I almost forgot about the birthday party. My daughter reminded me on Wednesday. I RSVP'd that night.

By today, I had forgotten about it again. Seeing the mother of the boy who was having the birthday reminded me. Duh.

That would be the fourth birthday I have forgotten in the last month.

My friend's daughter had a birthday. I planned on RSVP'ing just to say "no" and forgot.

I missed MY GRANDMA'S birthday.

I forgot my FIL's birthday.

I am suffering from an extreme case of CRS.

My house is a mess. I haven't been blogging as much as usual. I never finish anything I start.

I do have an excuse for not finishing the bathroom. A family member who shall remain nameless, had to poop partway through. This family member ALWAYS has to poop halfway through my bathroom cleaning. In fact if this person ever suffered from constipation, I would need only to start cleaning the bathroom for the poo to flow.

But where was I?

I am extremely irritable and forgetful and disorganized.

Something's wrong. Maybe I could put my finger on it if I could just FOCUS!

Anyhow, I am going to go sit on the couch with my girl child and rest. Perhaps a small bit of R&R is in order.

19 Comments:

Blogger L said...

I wonder if I can use that for an excuse with my bathroom cleaning.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Sounds like an idea to me!

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your only problem is you are too busy. You have 3 kids, plus you have special diets to take care of. You are amazing & I look up at you for all you do. I mean, look, you have a teenager who somehow lived through her tweens, & you lived through them too! That's amazing! When things start to look bleek for me, I remember this.:D

You do have a lot on your plate & you do sound like a great Mom who is doing a great job, so you're bound to forget somethings, like birthdays. Just take it easy for a little while when the youngest allows.;) The house will be there when you are ready.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Aw, thank you Crazed.

I don't think I am doing such a great job as a Mom though. Some days I do okay, but most days I feel like fleeing the country.

Maybe we all feel that way?

8:23 PM  
Blogger Marste said...

Hey, are your kids all alive? Haven't killed any of them out of sheer frustration? Then you're golden! LOL

9:05 PM  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

Blogger is so rubbish, I know it's free but it's still rubbish!!
I have to be told the night before what I'm supposed to do the next day, or I just don,t remember. Glad I'm not the only one with a messy house!

1:10 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

I would take ginko biloba, but I can never remember. I think you just need a nap. And tell everyone who can reach it to write their stuff on the calendar. Legibly!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

C, I forget stuff and I don't even have kids. I don't even know if I could cope with having kids. You're doing a groovy job every day!
:)

10:52 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

I second Marste's thought...I think u are an awesome mom!!!

*****
Jeez you people have lots of birthday's to RSVP to..I ignore all invites to b-day party's...It's pure torture for me...

*****
U know I have a similar Poop situation. See here in PR, sometimes we don't have water...(or electricity...No..it's not a third world country...almost..not quite)..and it seems like no one has to Poop, until the water is out...ain't it such a splendid coincidence??

7:10 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Thank you everyone for the reasurrances that I'm not the only one. :)

Bearette - If I had your abs, kids would be a hard sell to me.

Mary - Hee hee

7:21 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

The things you forget are probably not things you want to be remembering 20 years from now...my point: You are doing more than fine...so forget about it ;)

1:39 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

HEY! I posted a reply - well where is it?! And it was clever, and everything.

3:08 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

carolyn - i also feel like fleeing the country every day, every hour. i am sure i am damaging my children in ways i never imagined. and yet i slog along because i am the only mom they've got and i am doing the best i can. i think many of us feel the same way, dear - and i am sure you are a terrific mom.

we all need more sleep.

8:47 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

also, i have to write everything down on the calendar. if it is not on the calendar, it does not exist.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like messy houses interesting people live in messy houses.

7:53 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I still beat myself up over all the things I did wrong with my own girls. I will probably be doing it until the day I die.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I survived my childhood with as many disapointments as every-one else and I lived, as did my children. When I got old enough to be embarrassed when the house was messy my mom reminded me that perhaps it was time to get off the couch and clean it up. DUH. Ask you SIL about the meds the Dr. gave her so she could concentrate.
hehehehehe

2:41 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Wendy,

I must be a VERY interesting person indeed then. Heh heh

7:29 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Oh good Lord! That is me everyday. I'm just a grouchy lazy jerk 90% of the time. Screw the bathroom - make the pooper do it!

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home