Thursday, June 08, 2006

Is It Really Working?

Wow, blogger is up!

I have been visiting all of your blogs when blogger would let me, but commenting was not possible.

So know that I have been bi, um by.
********************
I have a nagging little headache. The only cure for this headache is caffeine.

Maybe if the coffee in the store had had the word "decaffeinated" written a little more prominently on the package, I wouldn't have been screwed this morning.

It was written in an unobtrusive spot, barely visible.

When the coffee doesn't have caffeine, it should be written on the front in HUGE letters like a "beware of the dog" sign.

Maybe there should even be a big red circle with a slash through the word "caffeine."

And if by chance, I still grabbed a bag, I want alarms to go off. "Bwoop, bwoop, bwoop!"

Lights would flash. A policeman would run into the aisle.

"Maam, do you realize you were grabbing decaf coffee?"

"No, I didn't realize. It was an accident, AN ACCIDENT I SAY!"

"Well, Maam, we can let you off with a warning this time, but next time pay attention to the package, okay."

"Thank you officer. Thank you for saving me from a terrible mistake."

And off topic here, but the word "maam" I abhor. It only reminds me that I used to be called "miss". Maam means you're effin' old.

I ran out of time today, but tomorrow, I'm buying some real coffee.
********************
My husband is getting skillfill at injecting himself with B12.

This is good because I was supposed to help him, but I wimped out. It was pretty bad when it was time for the first injection.

Both of us were trying to get up our courage. He finally screwed up his. Thank goodness, as the idea of poking somebody with a needle made me faintly nauseated.

He said B12 injections give him an energy rush.

No fair. I want some.

But only if it doesn't involve a needle. LOL

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too too funny! :D

7:45 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Hee. I get ma'amed sometimes too. It's always like a kick to the head.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

I've never understood the point of decaf, it doesn't taste anything like coffee. It's like that carob crap they tried to pass off as tasting Just Like Chocoalte. Bleh.

I'm not even going to dignify the ma'am thing with a comment...

8:41 PM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Hilarious!! that same policeman should go to my supermarket and have me arrested everytime I grab a bag of Rainbow deluxe chocolate chip cookies...No warning..just plain arrest..!!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Re: decaf, I read that restaurants sometimes don't have it, and just pass caffeinated coffee off as decaf.

7:22 AM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Like PJ, I've also never understood the point of drinking decaf coffee...if you can't handle the caffeine...then step away from the coffee Ma'am (>_<)

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, passing regular off as decaf is so evil.

I get ma'am a lot too, and I'm 30. I was going to say that it's a southern thing, but you're out in CA. ;)

9:41 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

No, Miss Crazy, "ma'am" doesn't mean you're old. It it just about 1/2 a letter short of madam, which is used as a term of respect. I use it all the time, because I respect you crazy people.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Did you just email me? If you did, PLEASE email me back.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

PJ-

It was me, but I took a small break to bathe the kids.

I'll check my mail again in a while. :)

4:16 PM  
Blogger Marste said...

Although . . . I do like decaf before I go to bed. But I like a little coffee with my cream and sugar, so I can't taste any difference. ::::runs out of the room before the beating begins:::: LOL

4:56 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

It looks like a case of all in favor of caffeinated say "AYE!"

6:10 PM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

I drink half/calf. It's half caf/half decaf/and ALOT of cream. Yummy. We buy our coffee at a coffee store. Dh is a coffee S N O B.

And ma'am doesn't mean you're old. But I distinctly remember the last time I was called Miss. It made me smile!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help with the decaf coffee headache, except to say drink some cola. Gets rid of the headache for me....
(Grin)
But B12, I can help you with... There is a supplement that is liquid called "Total B". It has all the B vitamins in it and you squirt a dropperful (sp?) under your tongue for 30 seconds and swallow it. Instant pick me up. NOW, Please do NOT buy the GNC brand. Does not taste good. DOES NOT. I don't care what anyone says...I bought and no, it does not taste good. The "total B" brand taste good.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!
Anita from Michigan

7:14 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

OOH - Thanks Anita!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home