Tuesday, June 20, 2006

So Much To Do - So Little Time

This house looks like somebody pulled off the roof and tipped a dump truck full of junk on my floor.

On the floor is (clean) diapers, shoes, towels, toys, potatoes, lemons, cat food, dog food, water bottles, beach buckets, my exercise ball, a push broom, a beach umbrella, an empty box or twelve, stuffed animals, baby wipes - you name it - it's on my floor IN EVERY ROOM OF THE HOUSE.

So blogging will be brief to non-existent this week until I can get this house clean enough to actually think!

We went to Santa Cruz, CA this weekend. Not only is there a beach, there is a boardwalk with rides.

I went to their website before we left and found out we could pre-purchase all day tickets at Costco for a substantial discount.

So on the way out of town, my husband pumped gas while I ran in. Costco is hard to escape when you are in a hurry. There is no express lane and people tend to block your way at every turn.

I found the tickets and then realized I had forgotten to pack diapers and wipes. I went to the diaper section to buy the smallest box I could. Ha ha. Nothing at Costco is small. But I purchased a box of the Kirkland brand diapers for thirty bucks. It contained one-hundred and forty diapers so it was quite a deal. I also purchased a butt load of wipes.

Then I tried to hurry to the checkout only nobody would move the heck out of the way so I could even get through the store.

Two women that were shopping together seemed to be under the impression we were on the ark because they were walking down the aisle two by two. It's great when you can go shopping with your friend, but hey, COULD YOU MOVE THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!?

I think I'm going to invent bicycle horns that clip to your shopping cart. Then you can ring them when you're coming up behind somebody. That would go over well, right?

My checkout total seemed awfully high so I checked my receipt before I left the store. Sure enough, I had been charged an extra eighty dollars. Ouch! I'm glad I found out before I left the store.

Finally, I met my husband in the parking lot and the road trip began. And now I have to get my son ready for pre-school, tidy the house and get my van out of the garage.

Happy Tuesday.

19 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

"A butt load of wipes" - that must have been intentional ;)

There are many people in NY who think they are on the ark. Especially on the bike path.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Costco rocks thoough.....you HAVE to admit! :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"A butt load of wipes".... hehe... I thought the SAME thing Bearette!!!

Costco needs an express line... or 3... for the people who have less than 4 items... the only thing I ever get there is cake, chicken, and my photos developed...

Glad you guys had fun, Chels did not have too much to say when she got home, which is suprising... She did however, call me from the hot tub and brag that she was talking to me--on the phone, in the hot tub drinking a starbucks coffee while I was stuck working and stage managing ALL weekend... Maybe next time! (Though I said that the last 2 trips!)

9:48 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

What, pray tell, are potatoes and lemons doing ON THE FLOOR??!!

On second thought, forget it. Nothing you do surprises me any more.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bearette- I was going to comment on the "butt load" too. :)

I've never had a membership at any of the Costco-type stores. I'm afraid it would lead to the purchase of a car-top carrier. ;)

11:16 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

At my house we refer to that kind of mess as, It looks like it was shot at and missed, shit at and hit.

Well, at least a butt load I hope. You do know how to turn a phrase!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I don't feel so bad about my house now;p
Thank you for that!lol
Although I suspect if I counted I'd come in a close second!
I can't wait to hear ALL about your weekend:)

12:15 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I am ultimately impressed that you were able to go into Costco without leaving with a full cart. I have yet to do it. Happy cleaning!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Old Hoss - They're in bags. It's from unloading the RV and not putting the stuff away.

PJ - I like that expression. I may have to steal it. :D

Chelle - Yes, Costco does rock.

Bearette - I'm afraid common courtesy is dead.

Techie - I can't believe she didn't have much to say. We bought her an all day pass for a belated birthday present. Now we owe you a present - STILL.

Liz - It's hard to escape Costco without filling up the car. Everything is super-sized.

Ms. L. - It was a great weekend!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's right... you know... she's still wearing the wrist band...

1:29 PM  
Blogger EdotR said...

80 bucks!!

Exactly how many diapers did u buy??

A buttload as well??!!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Mary-

The eighty-dollars was for four all-day passes at the boardwalk.

They charged me for eight passes.

But I did buy a buttload of diapers, 140 to be exact and 720 wipes.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need the cart horn. Go for it!

About the mess, just throw a little more sand in the mix, set up the umbrella & you can have the beach without leaving the house. Make baked potatoes & lemonade & when the little guy needs changed, everything is handy.

Good luck on the house cleaning.

6:45 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

I'm laughing so hard I think I need the wipes!

8:44 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i think traffic lights in the aisles of grocery stores would be awesome.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are waaay too polite. But I have your horn, I'll give it to you in July when I see you. What fun, Just honk em out of the way. I think chels was tired, she did not hardly talk (in fact she either slept or pretended to) all the way home. She is great to travel with if she can stretch out. She barely talked all the way home from Rollerville Junction and that was a 15 hr. trip.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Joke said...

You can't use a cart. Use the flatbeds and mercilessly, at that.

-J.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog! In addition to my Life of a Theatre Techie blog, I now have a Life of a College Cheerleader blog. Now strictly Techie and Cheerleading subjects!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Babelbabe - I agree.

Joke - You might have an idea there.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home