Thursday, July 20, 2006

Autistic Fun

My son has speech delays due to his autism.

He can't make the "S" sound at all. He makes the "D" sound instead.

I don't think he makes any blended consonant sounds like "cl", "dr", "st" etc.

When we were camping, he found a stick he wanted to play with.

He told his Grandpa, "Big Dick, I like the big dick." Hee hee hee
********************
While on hold this afternoon with the eye doctor, I got to hear voice advertisements instead of elevator music.

One of the advertisements said, "It's a given that everyone wants to see clearly."

I have to disagree.

When I've gotten dressed and put on my make-up, I'm more than ready to pass on seeing what I really look like. I want to see that Elizabeth Taylor, White Diamonds Perfume Commercial Look.
*********************
When I was in the grocery store tonight, I needed two different kinds of meat that were on sale. (chicken and beef) A man and his wife were standing in front of the chicken.

So I went to stand in line next to the beef. The same man came that way, only his wife had the cart back at the chicken so he managed to sidle in where I needed to be.

His wife was hogging one spot and he was hogging the other. GRRRRRR.

I would have enjoyed beating him upside the head with a rack of ribs.
********************
There was a saying in the paper I got a kick out of the other day.

It said, "It's not wether you win or lose. It's wether I win or lose.

Amen.
********************
It has been disgustingly hot around here, anywhere from 102 to 106. And the air-conditioner in my piece of crap mini-van is broken.

Actually I can always depend on my van.

TO BREAK DOWN.
********************
Crabby kid waking! Ciao!

9 Comments:

Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I like Big Dick...I get a kick out of it when kids say stuff like that. Hee hee. Vincent calls trucks "sh*t". I don't know why but I giggle everytime.

7:22 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Kids...autistic or not...say some crazy stuff...

Miss C's not so crazy antics are usually: Shut Up Grandma!! Shut up Momma!!

Totally adorable child

****
The win or lose thing..I think I may have wrote it...lol

****
What is it with Vans? Is ur's Death Van 2?

7:32 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

my all-time favorite is when he said "cock" for "clock"....you have a lot of material to embarrass him with on his first date ;) but i know you would never do such a thing...

7:38 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Kristin - That's cute.

Mary - That's true that my "normal" kids have said some funny stuff too.

Bearette - Just the fact that I exist will embarrass him.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Haaa,I'm laughing so hard here!
hee Hee Big Dick *snort*

Mmmhmmm,I never look the way I'd like to...foggy vision would be a blessing!

Ohhh Sometimes I'm tempted to just whack people too;p
May be one day I'll get the nerve.

1:02 PM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Ryan has started lisping (?) I told my husband I would be relieved if all this shakes out to mean in the end that he is gay. It says alot about dh that he busted out laughing. Of course then we went on to expound the virtues therein: "He could help us dress! He could redesign our interior and re-do the landscaping!" and so forth.

Oh? And for those grocery shopping counter hogs? I give them a couple of minutes. Then I just reach over and snag something. Unless they have their paws on it, it's Available... (If my kids are with me - I then only have 20 minutes to shop before things Go South in a most Alarming Fashion. I am a tad more tolerant if I am alone. But not much)

We are having a break from the heat wave. Global Warming, anyone?

2:56 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Ms. L. - Sometimes I can tell when someone has foggy vision by the chin hairs they missed. :D

Vickee - My son loves to wear necklaces and tie things in his hair, so he may be decorating our house at some point to.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

too!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Crazedmomof4 said...

My kids have said many funny things but I can't tink of any right now.

What's a "normal kid?" I don't think normal & kid should be in the same sentance or maybe that's because 3 of mine or ADHD & the other is a 4 year old DIVA! ;)

My Mom said that either me or my brother would make the f sound instead of tr sound for the word truck...:O :D!

I do not like to see clearly in the mirror. I avoid it at all cost. I believe that I'm still looking 16.

I tried to comment earlier & lost it all... ggrrrr...

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home