Sunday, July 30, 2006

Quiet Time

My husband has gone to San Francisco on a business trip.

My oldest is off school so she went with him.

Both of the youngest are in bed.

And I...am soaking up the quiet, at least until the boy wakes up and starts screaming for me.
********************
The ear drops the doctor so helpfully prescribed for me are by Bausch & Lomb.

The eye drops the other doctor had prescribed were also by Bausch & Lomb.

Somehow I mixed them up and discovered I was putting eye drops in my ear.

The packages looked quite similar, and nobody has ever accused me of possessing keen powers of observation.

What is it with Bausch & Lomb? Are they the company that makes stuff to put in your various holes?

Their new motto must be, "Bausch & Lomb. We have your orifices covered."
********************
Mandy is getting tired of feeding the puppies.

Before their eyes opened, they lurched like zombies looking for a meal.

Now they jump on her like the gorilla in those old Samsonite commercials.

Does anybody else remember those?
********************
Youngest daughter "A" started 2nd grade on Friday, yes Friday.

She likes her new teacher. That is always good.

She's also gone for six hours a day. She belongs to somebody else for six hours.

Mwahahahahahah.

The teacher's last name sounds much like an alcoholic drink.

Coincidence? I think not.

13 Comments:

Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Ah, enjoy the quiet. That is the only good part about having Dan gone. Alone time. I'm gonna try to soak it up. A bath alone would be great if it wasn't so damn hot.
I can't wait until Red starts kindergarten and she belongs to someone else for 7 hours a day. Hee hee...
I DO remember the gorilla commercial. Ha ha! My cat had kittens once. The one male eventually got HUGE and could tackle the mom and hold her down while he tried to nurse. Disgusting. Sometimes that is how I feel while breastfeeding.

9:21 PM  
Blogger EdotR said...

It's sooo nice to enjoy these peaceful moments for about...let's say...10 seconds!!

Bausch & Lomb: You've got a sore hole? We've got the remedy!

Bwuahhh!!!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Kristin - We had a cat kind of like that too, only he didn't have to wrestle her. She had a second litter of kittens. He was her adult son from her first litter, and he bellied up next to the kittens and went for it.

Mary - I like your slogan better!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

so their eyes are open! awesome :) i like the orifice tagline.

7:54 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

thank god you didnt put the eardrops in your eyes!

and that's EXACTLY the way I feel when Terzo wants to nurse. Poor Mandy.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Ohhhhh enjoy your peace and quiet,you lucky duck!

Aww,poor Mandy.
I once saw a Momma Pig get tired of nursing what looked like 9 billion piglets. Her solution?
Roll over on TOP of them!
May be Mandy could try that?;)

11:20 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Bearette - They look so cute peering around.

Babelbabe - That would have been painful.

Ms. L - I think she's tried that. :P

3:17 PM  
Blogger Crazedmomof4 said...

You keep bringing back memories of my puppy Charlie Ann, when she had pups.:) :( Happy & sad. Sad because I no longer have her.

LOL Slogan!

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when my dad took me to work-related events. I felt really special. :)

4:54 PM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

That eye/ear drops thing is DANGEROUS. Watch out!

How long do puppies nurse? Seems she is going to get alot sicker of this before she's done. Like female Mammals everywhere...

I remember that Samsonite commercial. ADD and commercials are a natural match. I can probably recite (or at least remember) many commercials from my past. But the story line of a movie? Nah...I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith a month ago. The only thing I can tell you about that movie is there was alot of shooting and there was a scene in a sporting goods store. Yes, it was a pretty bad movie. But a month ago? I should remember more than that.

When does the family come back?

Kindergarten here is only half days. Which means I will have a grand total of an hour off 4 days a week, again. whoopee.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Undomestic said...

My son starts K in Sept. Unlike other moms who weep at the thought, I'm counting the days. I love him..but he's more than ready. I REALLY don't get homeschooling.

Is it your public school that starts so early? When do they get out?

9:05 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Crazed - I'm sorry you miss your dog.

Liz - It always makes me happy to see little girls doing something with their Dad.

Vickee - They nurse about 8 weeks. I can introduce them to solids Saturday and give her a bit of a break. The family returns Thursday night.

Cari - Our public school goes year round. She goes three months on and one month off. I despise it.

9:08 AM  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

Back to school already?

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home