Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Vacation

It has been so busy with puppies this week that I haven't yet regaled everybody with tales of my vacation.

Before I talk about the vacation, I have to mention the house I came home to. It looked similar to my house but it was clean.

My Mom spent the week at my house watching my oldest daughter, who took summer school this year. The kitchen counter was clean. My laundry pile was dented. There were flowers planted out front and new flowers on the porch and in the house. The porch was clean. Some unpainted walls in my kitchen had been painted. There was a new kitchen rug and curtains. Things were organized. She did lots more, but those are the main things.

Maybe I'll have to make an excuse up for her to stay here for a week six months from now. Heh heh.

For vacation, we went to Carmel, CA, where the filthy rich beautiful people live. The RV park was hidden down a long, winding road, not the kind of road one wants to drive an RV down.

The RV park was called Saddle Mountain RV Park. It was secluded. The other residents were holed up in their RV's so it felt like the whole park belonged to us. We did have some people with really noisy teens camp next to us for two nights. When they left, I almost hopped out of my RV and did a victory dance.

But that wouldn't have been very nice now, would it?

We went down to the beach with the kids on the first day. There were lots of people with dogs, none of them leashed, the dogs that is. I saw one dog on a leash and it looked ashamed of itself, like it knew all the other dogs were laughing at it.

Many of the people on the beach were obvious locals. The sweater sets and gold chains gave them away. Plus, they were so bee-yoo-ti-ful.

We left the beach two hours and one sunburn later.

I had to shop at the local Albertsons on the way back to the park. The store was filled with senior ladies. They didn't have the typical senior-lady perm. They had hair that was blow-dried straight and flipped up at the ends.

If I happened to get in their way, they glared and tried to run me down with their carts.

What's up with that? If I were rich enough to live in Carmel, no force on earth could wipe the shit-eating grin off my face.

On the second day, we went to Cannery Row in Monterey. Monterey has the best bike paths. They are all over. Monterey is another place I wish I could afford to live. It's lovely.

We ate lunch and then we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It's very nice but I think twenty-two dollars to look at tanks full of fish is rather pricey. Now that I've been there and seen that, I'm good for life.

It was too darn crowded like everything else in California. Every time I stopped to peer in a tank, somebody was breathing down my neck waiting for me to move. Yick.

And now, although my story isn't done, my son is done letting me blog. Story to be continued.

14 Comments:

Blogger MsCellania said...

I love that you are RVing around. I am trying to talk K into getting one. My camping days? They are OVER. Give me a bed and some running water.

Sounds like you had a good time. Taking just the 2 young ones was a Really Good Idea.

And Your Mom? A saint, a SAINT I tell you! I love her for spiffing up your crib!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Your mom sounds wonderful. Your trip sounds lovely too. I don't think we are going anywhere this year. D keeps saying something vague about our anniversary but I don't know.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Awwwww what a wonderful mom to do all that!!! You must have been happy!!!

We are going camping soon.....but we only have a pop up.....and the bed is hard.....ugh....lol

Sounds like you had a great trip!!!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Crazedmomof4 said...

Sounds like a great Vacation, we're trying to go camping but I don't know if it will happen.

You're Mom sounds great!

10:37 PM  
Blogger L said...

What a nice surprise to come home to.

Camping in a RV sounds like fun fun fun.

6:39 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Your Mom had a wonderful time! I got to spend time with one of my grandchildren and do something nice for my daughter and son-in-law. What could be better?

My new boss is the reason I had the week to spend. He feels that 4 weeks vacation is due after twenty-five years at this job. I'm happier at work than I have been for a lot of years.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Ohh it sounds dreamy,minus the jerk heads of course!
What a wonderul Mum you have!!
You must have been so touched:)

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you tell everyone that you have an RV with a Nice big bed and all of the amenities. Plus having another next door is like having a 2nd bathroom. Did you tell everyone that you baked a delicious birthday cake from scratch for your MIL?? You never fess up to the cool stuff you do for others.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visited Monterey a couple of times when I lived in CA. It is beautiful. The Internet Librarian conference has been held there the past couple of years, but I haven't managed to convince my employer of what a great vacation-- oops, I meant LEARNING EXPERIENCE-- it would be.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Vickee - I'm too old for a tent myself.

PJ - She made my house look great.

Chelle - Pop-ups are great too. It saves so much money to cook your own food. Maybe you could put foam on the bed.

Crazed - Caming with four kids? I will definitely pray for you. LOL

Lori - I love that I don't have to worry about leaving anything behind like I do in a motel. We purchased a used one for a good price.

Nobody - I'm glad you had fun.

Ms. L - I probably didn't show my appreciation as well as I should have. I was still shell-shocked from the drive home.

Mad Rabbit - The cake is for part two of my story.

Liz - Good luck convincing your employer.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Wow. You can tell my brain is fried--I went straight to the part that was about the vacation and after reading all the comments went back and read about what your mom did. Yay Mom! And yay commenters--this is why I re-read most books I love and why audio books are best for retention--ya can't skip over stuff.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

SL,

I do that all the time too!

3:23 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

can i borrow your mom?

7:32 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Babelbabe,

I think she should start a business.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home