Monday, August 07, 2006

All In a Day's Work

Today SJ:

Poured a whole cup of freshly made soy milk with strawberry syrup down the drain. Never mind that soy milk is three bucks a carton!

Yelled quite loudly in the library - at least three times

Took the spices I had mixed together to make curry and "drank" them out of the cup. Then he threw them down the sink.

Sprinkled whole peppercorns in the broccoli I made for dinner.

Snuck out in the garage and "washed" my freshly washed car. He sprayed Shout on it and rubbed it with a dirty t-shirt.

I'm earning every one of those gray hairs.
********************
My middle daughter has began eating like a truck driver.

After school she ate:

A bowl of Rice Krispies.

A bowl of ice cream.

A bowl of grapes (begrudgingly)

A peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

This was all before dinner.
********************
My oldest daughter is learning to drive.

I hold my seat and pray when I am her passenger.

She exited the highway yesterday and the truck wobbled back and forth a bit on the exit ramp. I wisely said nothing.

But then she asked, "Did you fart?" (I hadn't)

And I replied, "No, but I almost crapped myself back there."

"Mom, you're mean," she said.

Ask a stupid question...
********************
I finally remembered one thing I hadn't shared about myself in the last year that would have been good on yesterday's "eight things about me" list.

I am a nervous giggler. I giggle at innappropriate times, times when a person is supposed to be solemn.

Unamazingly, it doesn't go over well.

21 Comments:

Blogger Undomestic said...

You're right! We did have similar days.

I dread the teaching my kids to drive day. I loved your response to your daughter.

My son Cameron is a nervous giggler, also. Drives me crazy when I'm trying to yell at him and he's laughing!!!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a nervous giggler.. though... I only giggled once when being yelled at... when I am nervous and don't know what to say-- I giggle...

12:02 AM  
Blogger blackbird said...

I made K teach Oldest to drive - couldn't handle it. But he won't be the right teacher for Middle or Youngest and so, I am doomed.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

D taught the boys to drive. I couldn't bear it. I don't even like to ride with them now.

5:22 AM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

If your daughter means "mean" as in "totally kick ass mum"...then yeah, she's right!

5:44 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

How can YOU be teaching a child to drive? You are Far Too YOUNG. I reckon I'll be senile by the time the boys start driving. PERFECT!

Oldest is a Nervous Giggler, too. Then he bursts into tears. OY.

Sounds like SJ is on a cleaning streak. Which isn't all bad...just annoying.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

I didn't want to teach her to drive.

That was my husbands' job, but he's always at work. So I drew the short straw.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Vernicious,

That's so nice of you, but my daughter would gladly trade me in for a cooler model.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was learning to drive, my mom used to grasp the door handle and press her right foot on an imaginary brake pedal.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Haaa,SJ was a busy little beaver!
At least he saved you from the broccoli;p

11:03 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Liz - my mom did the same thing! I always called it the imaginary brake.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Liz and Bearette,

I do that too!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U've made my day with the post....
Kids are the shit...literally....

***
I suffer from N.G.S. (Nervous Giggler Syndrome)....it is horrible...makes me look like a total coldless b*tch..'

which is not completely untrue...

1:28 PM  
Blogger EdotR said...

U've made my day with the post....
Kids are the shit...literally....

***
I suffer from N.G.S. (Nervous Giggler Syndrome)....it is horrible...makes me look like a total coldless b*tch..'

which is not completely untrue...

1:29 PM  
Blogger My float said...

i'm a nervous laugher too, and occasionally at the worst times. About 10 years ago I went to the opening of an art gallery, and there was a person there who was fairly well known in the local area. Unfortunately he had a very very bad stutter. I was happily talking to him with one of my friends, when all of a sudden he started stuttering very badly. I just exploded in laughter - it wasn't intentional nor do I make a practice of laughing at people. Of course he was hugely offended. I don't know what on earth prompted me, and I wished the ground would just swallow me whole. It was awful.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Techie, My Float and Mary,

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one.

My Float - That is EXACTLY the kind of thing I would do.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Crazedmomof4 said...

I am a nervous giggler too! When I'm around people that scare me I just smile & giggle like a weirdo.

I use the passenger's brake all the time when the hubby drives.

7:03 PM  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

He was only being helpful washing the car...!!!!

6:32 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

All this stuff is sequencing! Jump for Joy (and then cry about the messes).

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least he is willing to help without being threatened or bribed.
Too bad he did not mention what he was up to. (Or maybe he did) hehehehehe

11:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I slammed my moms head into the dash when she was teaching me how to drive... it was her fault though... she told me to hit the brake harder so we would stop and could switch places... as she said this she bent down to get her purse... I laughed by butt off... she still teases me to this day...

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home