Sunday, August 20, 2006

GRRRRRRRR

Blogger is refusing to let any photos upload again. AAARRRGGGHHH!

Another weekend is about over. Where do they go?

My husband and I had a date last night. Instead of eating Mexican food yet again, we went to Red Lobster.

Red Lobster has something called the ultimate feast. This is a plate with shrimp scampi, breaded shrimp, a lobster tail and some crab legs. Oh yeah, you get a potato and salad too.

Years ago we went to a Red Lobster in San Jose. We had a waiter who had an accent. He pronounced "feast" as "fist". So when he repeated back our order, he said "ultimate fist."

So of course we still call it that to each other. Last night we both ordered the ultimate fist. My husband had some Newcastle Ale and I had a few margaritas.

It was very nice. I haven't had butter in so long that it tasted too rich. That right there is blasphemy.
********************
I also cleaned the heck out of the house yesterday and so decided to rest today. The house already looks horrid.

There is no rest for the wicked, is there?
********************
I need a job. There's only one problem. The only hours I can work are from 12:15 to 1:45. I could work evenings, but wait, my husband doesn't always get home from work on time. Oh and Monday and Wednesday evenings I have to drive my daughter to taekwondo. Did I say there was only one problem?

Let's see. I haven't worked a "real" job in 11 years. Every place I have ever worked has claimed bankruptcy or gone under, with the exception of a Jack In The Box when I was 16.

Who would like to hire me, anyone? (crickets chirping)

Yeah, I'll be bringing home the bacon. Does buying it at the grocery store with my husband's paycheck count?
********************
I know a little girl who was supposed to go to bed twelve minutes ago. I guess I'll have to go light a fire under her butt.

12 Comments:

Blogger MsCellania said...

The ultimate fist sounds like it would do me in with a one-two punch. But I still envy you the date with your husband. Our babysitter's last day was today. To say I am grieving right now would be putting it mildly. The boys took her out to dinner while I did laundry at home. They took her to the food court at the mall! I had hoped for Red Robin or California Pizza Kitchen, but they insisted on the food court. Big spenders, my 5 and 6 year old sons.

I don't try to load photos during normal hours.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll hire you. You can follow me around and tell jokes to make me laugh. Especially in the grocery store.

I really would pay someone to do that.

5:23 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

You need a job? or you want a job?? With all the work you already have at your house!!!??

You have my greatest admiration....!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

That sounds like a nice date. Our idea of a date recently is eating junk food and watching TV after the kids are asleep.
My house is always a wreck. Even when I just finish cleaning it. Sometimes I think the only cure is to bulldoze the damn thing.
I would like to find a job too. But I have the same sort of problems. But it would be nice to help out and actually see a paycheck for all the hard work I do.

7:06 AM  
Blogger L said...

The last 3 places I worked went out of business.

Date night with the ulitmate fist sounds yummie.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Ultimate fist...sounds like something out of a kung fu movie ;)

7:56 AM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

We have Red Lobster in Japan...here it would be pronounced "Aritimo Fisto"

8:19 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Haa,I'm in the same boat.
I'd hire you!
For what I don't know...chatting over drinks?? hee that sounds good;p

Your evening out sounds so nice.
And that dinner...wow,I am a wee bit jealous,but in a good way!

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a TREAT!!! This week-end your mom & I will sing you the
"Vat of Chocolate" song. Yes FF heard it though may not remember til he hears it again.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figure if you made $25.00 per hr that might cover the limo service for the kids and maybe once a week person to clean toilets and vacuum. Then instead of feeling guilty for not bringing home $$ you could feel guilty for not being home when kids want you. Ya can't win

3:45 PM  
Blogger Crazedmomof4 said...

I agree with Kristin & the bulldozer feelings with my house.
You gotta wonder if it's worth it, it just gets messed right back up before you even blink an eye.

When you talk about chocolate I always think of Veggie Tales & the song about the chocolate bunny. :D

The only place I worked at is a Wendy's now. It was a Pappan's resturant(that's a family resturant) & they tore it down & built a Wendy's. I worked there for 5 years. Now they don't exist.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Vickee - I used to love the food court when I was a kid. Where else can you buy rubbery pizza by the slice or Chinese food doused in bad sweet & sour sauce?

Liz - Thanks. Do I get insurance benefits? :P

Mary - I need one. I hate answering to the boss man, but we need some extra moolah around here.

Kristin - Maybe we could chip in on that bulldozer rental.

Lori - You and I must be the curse of death to a business. :D

Bearette - Too true.

Vernicious - LOL

Ms. L. - We'll regret it when we try to balance the checking account.

Mad Rabbit - I would pay you and my Mom NOT to sing.

Anonymous - Too true. We can't win.

Crazed - At least you don't have to worry about a bad reference if you go back to work. I bet you were a good worker though.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home