Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mom Interrupted

My house is full of half-finished chores. There is half-folded laundry in the living room. There is a half-cleaned kitchen, a half-cleaned bathroom, a half-made bed and so on and so forth.

Why?

Because I am constantly interrupted. The kids think that the minute I start breathing start doing a chore is the perfect time to interrupt.

Take the kitchen. If I'm going in the kitchen, it is only to serve them, right?

I wash my hands to unload the dishwasher. Here comes "A."

"Mom, I'm hungry."

Nevermind that she sucked down a peanut better & jelly sandwich, a glass of milk and half a bag of chips ten minutes before. She's hungry NOW!

Me: "You'll have to hang on. I've just started cleaning the kitchen.

A: "But I'm hungry. I'm reeeeaaaally hungry. My stomach hurts."

Me: "You just ate."

A: "But I'm stiiiiiiiillllll huuuuunnnnngggrrrryyyyy.

Then it is SJ's cue to come into the kitchen.

SJ: "POPSICLE!"

Me: "Hang on and AT LEAST let me finish....

SJ: (climbing in freezer) "POPSICLE!"

Me: (frantically starting towards him) Wait a ....

SJ: (waving around a handful of popsicles) "POPSICLE, POPSICLE!"

So then I have to stop and open them for him. And then "A" does the old "since you had to stop to get his popsicle can you make me....?"

Aaarrggghhhh.
********************
There is a new produce stand in town. The kids and I went to check it out. I was hoping for some blackberries, but had no luck.

However, I did buy a beautiful eggplant and some fresh spinach and some cabbage. Mmm mmm good.
********************
Because Mandy is nursing puppies, she is getting some canned food to supplement her dry food.

Boots has been giving me hangdog looks when he sees that the contents of her bowl are clearly more pleasing than his.

So I took pity on him and gave him some.

I now have two dogs who are farting like they are the grand prize winners of a boiled egg/cabbage eating contest.

My house smells like dog butt.

Boston Terriers: Their butt is worse than their bite.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I tried that on my mom "I'm hungry"
"Well go get a carrot (especially if I have just eaten.")
"I don't want a carrot"
"Then you are not very hungry are you."
If I stayed in her face she gave me chores to do to help her.
A-take the carrot and run.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Oh, Carolyn. I hate to tell you, but when they get older and aren't all over you anymore, you'll actually miss it. Sick, Huh?

5:51 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Mad Rabbit - Maybe I'll try that. :P

PJ - I know you're right because I miss when my now 16 year old used to want to hang out with me.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That's too funny.

One of my old dogs used to run from the room whenever she broke wind.

Alex is surprisingly gas-free, but he does burp a lot. ;)

6:15 PM  
Blogger Crazedmomof4 said...

HA! That's funny about the dog butt. Different dogs have different smiles. I don't like the smell Beagles have all the time. I never met a Beagle that didn't remind me of the smell of the runs. Pee-U! I still think they are cute, just stinky.

____________

I know what you mean about the kids. Mine always get into slam down fights when I try to clean, then I got to stop every few seconds to break it up & after so many times, I'm wanting to do the slam down fighting on them!:D

Did ya ever notice the more you feed them, the more they are hungry. We could all forget to eat breakfest because of the heat, but then on a day when I make sure the get it, "I'm still hungry." My oldest thinks it's cool to eat 6 bagels in a row & then say he is hungry. Boys become empty pits when they hit their tweens. Just warning ya!

8:52 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Your last line is inspired!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Liz - To run from her own farts, they must have been pretty bad!


Crazed - Regarding slam down fights, yep we deal with that too.

Vernicious - Thank you. My stinky dogs inspired it. :D

8:08 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

BWWWAAAAA HA HA! This is so funny!
I do what mad rabbit does. I must've gone to the same School of Mom that her mother went to.

You come up with the greatest expressions. All those kids and critters? They are so lucky to have you, Carolyn.

8:57 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Kids, they have like a built in timer set to: "let's create havoc now that mommy is cleaning our previous havoc".

But those moments will be missed...

As for the dog farts...
::pinching nose::
Thank god we don't have technology too advance to post "scented posts"

9:46 AM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

My apt is full of half-finished chores--where are the kids that would be interrupting me? Oh, they wouldn't fit if I tried to cram them in...

September. It is my mantra. All will be well in September.

10:24 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

BWWWAAAAA HA HA! This is so funny!
I do what mad rabbit does. I must've gone to the same School of Mom that her mother went to.

You come up with the greatest expressions. All those kids and critters? They are so lucky to have you, Carolyn.cfic
\

10:30 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Haa,dog butt.
I never knew there was such a smell!
Beans farts but the smells goes away,thank goodness! Dogs are gross,why do we have them again?
;p

12:56 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I love Mad Rabbit's idea. My house is that way too Carolyn.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Vickee - You are very kind to say so.

Mary - My blog has been kind of stinking lately, but that would bring it to a new level.

Sarah - That's like my mantra except mine goes, "Next week..."

Ms. L. - I'm not sure why, kids or dogs. :P

Kristin - I can well imagine with three so young.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home