Friday, September 08, 2006

And They Wonder Why I'm Always Shrieking

My oldest daughter wanted to buy lunch at school today instead of packing. I knew my youngest did too, as it was chicken nugget day at her school.

Since I had no cash, I went to the ATM. I needed to break the twenty so I parked in front of the nearest coffee house. There wasn't one customer inside so I knew it would be speedy.

I told my oldest to go inside and get herself a cup of coffee. She wanted flavored. I told her there would be metal carafes of coffee and to pick whatever flavor they had ALREADY MADE UP. Then she could grab cream and sugar and we could go.

So I waited and waited and waited some more. She comes out with a MOCHA! She says, "I didn't know they had to make those up special."

Duh, duh and double duh.

I am trying very hard not to be irritated so much with the kids, but it's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys.
********************
My oldest daughter is a very talented singer. She has been asked by her high school choir teacher to audition for honor choir at a local college.

My son has been able to carry a tune for as long as I can remember.

My youngest daughter is great at art...She joined choir. :P

When she sings, she seems to be channeling Alfalfa from the Little Rascals.
********************
It is probably obvious that I am blogging less and less. I am trying to blog at least once or twice a week but it's hard to find the time.

I may have to give it up. I hope not.

Have a wonderful weekend.

19 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Blog when you can but dont give up we would miss you so much alot in fact.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Oh geez, Carolyn. Not you too:(.
We'll be good, I promise...

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope not! I enjoy your stories.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

don't give up (picturing peter gabriel and kate bush singing that).

chicken nugget day...mmm.

(i really dug chicken before i became veg.)

12:20 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Aww you'd better not Lady,I'll come down and make you,yes make you type something. Even it's it's just blah blah blah;p
Ha,kidding! That's just my way of saying: Nooooooo,we loooove you.Don't go!

I went through a spell like that a couple of months ago and know how ya feel.
Blog when you want,I'll always be here to read you:)

I love Mochas,almost as much as I love Chai Lattes.
You're a nice mum!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

You are one of my favorite bloggers and always look forward to your posts. I hope you don't have to give it up. But family does come first... PLEASE DON"T GIVE UP!
Please excuse my outburst.

MMMMM...mocha.

12:39 PM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

You can't stop. The middle one isn't that bad a singer, is she?

1:27 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

You guys are funny.

Thank you for the kind and humorous comments.

And Nobody1001, she's pretty bad.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Crazedmomof4 said...

"..., but it's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys." That is so me.

You can't stop! your life & mine sound similar on so many accounts!
(sorry to scare you, I'm sure your hubby isn't any where as selfish & stupid as mine) but the kid thing & your thoughts on people & the world.

I do know what you mean. It is harder for me to do posts right now too, but I'll be happy with what ever you post, even if it is only once a week or even less. Just blog when you can. We all love you too much to not hear from you anymore, plus I'll understand if you can't get around to reading my boring posts. Do what you gotta do. But please don't stop all together.
We all love ya!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Crazed - Your posts are not boring. And thank you for the encouragement.

9:52 PM  
Blogger lazy cow said...

Blogging is strange isn't it? Sometimes you can feel so inspired, other times you could cheerfully never compose another post again. Just blog when you can and want to :-)

3:45 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

just blog when you can, if it helps I will bring chocolate and while you are eating it I will clean up any and all puppie mess!

6:54 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Giving up blogging!! Don't u dare!!!

Where else can we read about Turkeys, Tomb the Bomb and Alfalfa?

8:29 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

No, C., do not give up. I will take once a week, even.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Just keep keeping on. That's all we humbly ask. Yes, we could live with once in a while or once a week. Just don't go away...we'd miss you...

I know I would.

Having said that, live first, blog second. Otherwise, you wouldn't have anything to blog about...

7:28 PM  
Blogger Undomestic said...

No! I love reading your stuff!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

I think everyone has already confirmed that you are loved too much to leave us. So I will tell you that we need more sarcasm here in blogger land and that you must stay. ;)

Teach the middle child the lyrics to "Sing....sing a song....sing out loud...sing out strong....don't worry if it's not good enough for anyone else to hear....just sing...sing a song" (lalalalala) Don't forget to tell her to sing it as loud as she possibly can. It should be quite entertaining.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please don't give up blogging. You are very good at it. Besides I fear my grandchildren would meet with a very unsavory end if you had no time for yourself. YOU NEED THE OUTLET!!!
I knew A took after me. I still sound like Alfalfa when I sing.

10:10 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

get rid of the dogs. keep the blog.

can you tell i am jonesing for my Godfather fix?

You make me laugh out loud, please don't quit blogging altogether.

also, i am tone deaf, and i managed to make it to 36 in one piece. there may be hope yet....

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home