Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Busy As A Mom

Ha, A bee isn't half as busy as I am! At least the bee gets to go to bed when the sun goes down.

While I can think of tons of things to post when I'm not in front of the computer, once I sit down it all goes away. Aaargh!

The kids have their Halloween costumes. SJ is going to be the cookie monster. It's not the world's cutest cookie monster costume, but he seems happy with it.

My daughter, A, is going to be the grim reaper. She's a bit of a tomboy! She has also been invited to a Halloween party. How cool is that? I am a bit jealous, as my kids have more of a social life than I do.
********************
I was listening to the radio today and the DJs were talking about the most played songs at funerals.

One of them was "Wind Beneath My Wings."

I had to laugh because my friend, many years ago, had this played at her wedding. Alas, the groom was a jerk and the wedding did not last.

That song may best be left to funerals.

The DJs then joked about playing "Highway to Hell" and "Stairway to Heaven".

What song would you like played at your funeral?

I would prefer Cake's "The Roof Is On Fire."

I want to be cremated so the song makes perfect sense.
********************
The DJs also talked about a new line of scented candles that are coming out.

Bath and Body Works are collaborating with Elton John to produce this line.

There will also be scented rocks called "Elton Rocks."

Alas, there will be no penis-shaped candles to help us light the way. Pity.
********************
Yesterday "A" had a play date. I frantically cleaned the house and shut the door to my bedroom. I hadn't made it back quite that far.

Well, of course they decided to play hide and seek. AND of course she hid in my bedroom.

And of course after I told her not to do it, she did it AGAIN!

Let's show our company the bedroom of doom not once, but twice.

It serves her right the dentist had to put in a crown today. Don't worry, she got laughing gas.

I wish they would have sent some home with me.

Then when I finally flop down at night ready to rest, and the kids jump on top of me, I could administer it to them. Or maybe even better, I could breathe it myself.

12 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

Hee. Well, I want to be cremated too, so maybe The Doors - "Light My Fire"?

Sorry, I have the sneaking suspicion that was in bad taste ;) But I am always comfortable letting it all hang out here at the TMI Spot.

How's Cecil? :D

1:15 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

It wasn't in bad taste.

I like that.

Cecil is well. I need to sell the other two so I can give him some individual time.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Cake! Your a cool mom, my kids would love that!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I'm a loser. The only Cake I know is the 3 cupcakes I have scarfed down today. And it is only early afternoon.

I could use some laughing gas myself. I'll give my kids a good long dose and myself some for good measure. Anything not to strangle the little hooligans and staple them to the ceiling.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Bec said...

Funeral songs, let me think. "The Only Way is Up"? Probably too optimistic. Maybe "In Love With Your Ghost" by the Indigo Girls, just to remind The Prof that I'll be haunting him...

(ps - I answered your questions via comments to spare you the Google Hell!)

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bearette- I plan to have my husband play Disco Inferno when I'm cremated. :)

At our wedding, M and his mom did their mother-son dance to Queen's We Are the Champions.

6:36 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Grim Reaper..that is sooo cool..My mom would have never let me go as that...I wanted to be Spiderman one year and she had a boobie attack!

As for what I want them to play at my funeral:

A spanish song by Hector Lavoe that says:

Don't u dare cry at all when I die!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

My dad in law wants Highway to Hell and while I'm not exactly eager for him to go,I can't wait to be there when he does just to hear that song in that context;p

Me,well I'm not dying EVER-don't pop my bubble!-so I don't have to worry about a song hehehehehe;p

10:41 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Liz - hee! I think there is a new hybrid, the dance funeral (see mypregnantpauses.blogspot.com).

11:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Die? Are you kidding, that ain't gonna happen anytime soon! Though... a sonng I'd pick is... "Broken" By Seether Ft Amy Lee

12:34 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

PJ - I am definitely an Uncool Mom according to my daughter, but thanks.

Kristin - When you're done with the stapler, can I borrow it?

Bec - You want to be a ghost? Me too. Seems like that would be fun.

Liz - I love it. Burn Baby, Burn.

Mary - A boobie attack. Hee hee

Bearette - I'll have to go check that link.

Techie - Don't know that song. Will have to check it out.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Crazedmomof4 said...

I never thought of stapling the little buggers to the ceiling... I'll have to try that! Thanks Kristen.

Funeral songs... hhmmmm... maybe that one that they played for the Loney Tunes.... or maybe Veggie Tales... Do you waltz with a potato up & down the produce aisle?

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home