Monday, October 30, 2006

Say What!

My sixteen-year old daughter and I listen to much of the same music.

Some of her stuff, I consider too "out there." And some of my stuff, she considers "old fogey."

Since I mostly listen to music when I'm driving, that's when I hear something on the radio I like. Then I'll ask her who sings it.

So it's been like, "Oh that's the Black-Eyed Peas, Blink 182, etc..

I was a little taken aback to find myself enjoying a 50 cent song. That wasn't something I would have expected.

Recently I started enjoying a song with a good dance beat, not that I can dance, but it seems like a good dance beat for those who can.

I told my daughter I liked it and she kind of laughed. I didn't ask who sang it.

Today I found out the song is by...Justin Timberlake! AAARRRGGGHHHHH!

On a creep factor scale of 1 to 10, he's a 12! There's the whole mousketeer, Britney Spears, wardrobe malfunction thing. Shudder!

Maybe I'll stick to the public radio classical music station, although when they have their pledge drives, I feel guilty for listening for free.
********************
Long's Drug was having a Halloween candy sale today. I purchased some candy for the third time!

We've gone through four bags.

When I sat on the couch this morning, and saw my belly, it was blatantly obvious that I was channeling Nacho Libre.

I've already lost the new bags somewhere in the clutter. Please let me find them before tomorrow.

I also deposited the money in the bank from the last two puppies. Too bad it all goes toward property taxes.

Property taxes bite the big one, don't they? All taxes bite the big one, in my opinion. And what does the government do with all that money? Why are all these bond issues on the ballot? Why am I here? What is the meaning of life?

Anyway, where was I?
********************
My oldest daughter made a funny the other day.

I was washing the dishes and I couldn't find the SOS pads.

Does anybody remember "The Land of the Lost?" In the beginning the family rafted into a whirlpool and went through some vortex into another time, or something like that.

Anyway, that same vortex is in my house. Cavemen on the other side are finding things like my lipstick, my $50.00 Borders gift card from last Christmas, my gym padlock and that missing Halloween candy.

So as I was saying, I was looking for the SOS pads that had been sucked through the vortex, while doing a lot of complaining.

And my daughter says, "I guess that makes them SOL pads."

Yes indeed my dear, yes indeed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

I am totally with you on the guilt when I listen to our local classical station...love your blog, it makes me laugh out loud!!!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Thanks, Betsy.

Maybe I was a court jester in a former life. :)

4:49 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

justin timberlake is VERY high on the creep scale. ugh. can you believe i haven't heard that song yet?

the best thing about 50 cent is that his name is pronounced "fitty cent". At least according to the folks on SNL.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Your daughter is really funny. I LOVE her sense of humor. Jus like her momma.
Justin Timberlake is the creepiest of creepy. Besides Paris Hiton...and Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie...I could go on and on.
I didn't buy Halloween candy until yesterday...but my belly is channeling Nacho Libre none the less.

9:36 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

I believe the song is "Sexy Back"!!!!

Hey...just be careful you don't start channeling 50 Cent and decide to 'be all up in da club with a pocket full of...'

and yes..I will confirm..it's Fitty Cent...lol

11:12 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Bearette - It sounds kind of like a woman is singing the song.

Gingers Mom - Isn't it funny how the candy goes straight to the gut?

Mary - Yep. That's the song. And if I don't have any in my pocket, I can borrow some from my homies. :P

11:54 AM  
Blogger Crazedmomof4 said...

I like such a widw variety of music that I can get along with all the kids in the house, except, I have times I can listen to certain types & times they get on my nerves. When I was a teen, hard rock ruled! I hated country. Now country is the one music I can always stand.:). hard rock,is only some of the time with me. I seem to speed more when I do listen to it. It must bring out the rebel in me.:D

I feel guilty for watching PBS!

I use to love the Land of the Lost. Plus my house is the same. We had a soccer shirt come up missing for a week & a half. We tore the house apart looking for it & it just appeared one day, like it was never missing.heeheehee

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home