Friday, October 27, 2006

Superheroes Unite!

Has anybody else been watching Heroes on TV?

It's about a group of people who have developed different super powers. Their mission is to save the world.

I have been too modest to admit it up until now, but I too have a super power.

That's right folks. I am the toilet paper fairy.

Nobody, but nobody else around here is capable of putting toilet paper on the roll. They sit down. They use the bathroom. They empty the paper roll. They walk off.

I am the one who swoops in quickly and replenishes the roll. Nobody in this house has to face the dreaded situation called "drip dry."

Not only am I the only one who can fill the roll, I am the only one who can find the toilet paper.

I can bring home a package of toilet paper the size of the Empire State Building and sit it in the middle of the family room floor. Then I magically make it invisible. Nobody sees it or takes it back to the bathroom.

They all walk around it, for weeks if need be.

Then, if by some horrid anomaly of the space time continuum, I have lapsed in my refilling duties, I hear, "Where's the toilet paper?"

Where indeed?

I snatch up the toilet paper only I can see and fly to their rescue.

I pull out a roll and hand it to them, at which point it becomes magically visible.

When they are done with the roll, and they place it ON TOP of the dispenser, I go in and set things to rights.

I may not be worshipped like that blasted Santa Claus or the tooth fairy, but I am a necessary super hero. Just try to live without me, just try!

12 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

i think many of us women are toilet paper fairies :) we deserve a special crown.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

LMAO.....OMG how true is this!! And I agree with bearette....MANY of us woman are toilet paper fairies. lol You hit the nail on the head with everything. Thanks....for making me smile nig today! That was great : )

2:01 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

I say WTF is with that deal?

YOU could be our queen since you are so eloquent.

All hail Carolyn, Queen of the toilet paper fairies!

3:58 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

I think ALL women are toilet paper fairies due to necessity...we need tp in all situations!

1:13 AM  
Blogger L said...

Bowing down to the Queen of the toliet paper faries.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Here's a thought: What if all the toilet paper fairies of the world united and went on strike? I realize that the men/boys of the world don't need to use it every time they step into the bathroom, but when they DO need it....what would they do? I'm too scared to try it to find out. :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Roxanne - lol. i think they would just do without ;) i would not venture into the pads of most single men...

10:33 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Haaahaahaa,you're too funny!
I need you here,my favourite super hero;)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Bearette - The crown has to be assembled out of empty rolls.

Chelle - I'm glad I made you smile.

Paula - I've never been a queen before. :)

Vernicious - Good point!

Lori - While you're bowing down, could you change the roll for me?

Roxanne - When they needed it, they would do what they always do. Blame us!

Bearette - Ewww. Now I have visions of skid marks dancing in my head.

Ms. L. - I've never flown to Canada. Maybe I could make some wings out of wire and, you guessed it, toilet paper!

11:22 AM  
Blogger My float said...

I'm the "putting things away" fairy. Yep, no one can see the shopping on the floor other than me, apparently.

Drives me crazy.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

My Float,

You sound like you may be closely related to the grocery unloading fairy.

Nobody sees what she's doing until she brings in the last bag. :P

1:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You finally "came out" I was wondering how long it would take! Toilet Paper Faries Untie! Er.. Unite...(I guess that would be the *bad spellers of the world* that "untie" I'm a member of that club too)....

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home