Monday, November 06, 2006

Instant $hithead - Just Add Red 40

SJ had to go to the dr. Friday for a cough. Both the girls had already had bronchitis and it was his turn.

The dr. gave us a prescription for an antibiotic, histinex and duradryl, all good stuff.

SJ spent Friday clinging to me while we sat on the couch.

By Saturday he was much better.

By Sunday he was bouncing off the walls and getting into EVERYTHING.

It occured to me that his cherry flavored antibiotic might have a little bit of red dye in it. Since I couldn't find out on google, I called the pharmacist today. He verified my suspicions. The antibiotic had the evil red dye 40 in it.

He has to take his antibiotic one more day. Man, will I be happy when he's done.
********************
I thought of another reason fur children are great.

When your Aunt Myrtle comes to visit, they don't repeat verbatim the not so nice things you said about her last week when you thought they weren't listening.

Of course, this might not apply to a parrot.
********************
My daughter "A" is off track from school. We went to Borders last week.

We were in rather a hurry, but the sole cashier had apparently loaded his bong to the hilt that morning.

I commented to the lady behind me in line that maybe the book store should offer him complimentary coffee.

She allowed as to how it might not be a bad thing if he had a few shots of espresso.

Finally it was my turn. He announced proudly to me that today was his twentieth birthday.

Ah, that explained it. He was taking twenty minutes to wait on each customer!

I kindly refrained from pointing that out.

And now I have a puppy to go protect from my children's brand of tlc.

12 Comments:

Blogger My float said...

i always wondered about children's medication and whether they included dye.

i laughed enormously at the thought of your cashier being 'loaded' and needing a caffeine hit. you never know, he may well have five kids that keep him up at night. or not!

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haa poor puppy!
Ciari is famous for that kind of love.

Loved,LOVED the bit about the wasted cashier.
He must also work in The Loft a restaurant in Tofino,because he sure sounds like a waiter we had there. He was so slooooooow,ugh

I think I may have issues with evil dye too because meds do the exact same thing to me.
Weird huh? I never thought it could be the dye..I thought it was the actual meds..Ya learn something new every day!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hmmm interesting about the dye. I always wondered how my son could be sick yet still boinging off the walls when he was on meds! Now I know!! Learn soemthing new every day! Hope they are all feeling better :)

5:28 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

A parrot would not technically be a Fur Child, as it does not have fur. :P

5:32 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Antibiotics...hell in a pink syrup..

Miss C has been taking Antibiotics and this week she has been bouncing off walls, biting, kicking, screaming..just a real thrill..

Ya' think I can make a trade in for a FChild..?

Hope SJ gets better!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Is he allergic to the dye? Is that what makes him hyper? Why would they add dye to medicine in the first place?
Hee hee...I am worried my kids are getting to the age where I am going to have to stop gossipping in front of them. I guess I'll just have to hold it in until they go to bed. :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I hope I'm not Aunt Myrtle

12:02 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

i'm sure there's nothing good in that dye...btw, what does off track from school mean? is it like a little extra vacation?

12:06 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

My Float - For him to have had five kids, somebody would have had to root him. EWWWWWW.

Lael - Red Dye 40 is petroleum based. Why it's allowed in our foods, I have no idea.

Chelle - It's also in fruit roll-ups, cereal, strawberry quick, and so on and so forth.

Roxanne - Okay, a feather child. :P

Mary - Ms. L sounds like she reacts to it even worse than my guy.

Ginger's Mom - The dye makes him hyper and if he gets too much of it, his arm flaps a lot. Red dye, gluten and casein make his autism symptoms a lot more pronounced.

Nobody - Nah, you're Uncle Bill.

Bearette - In an attempt to alleviate overcrowding, the kids rotate when they go to school. They all go three months on, then one off, then three on etc. There are four different tracks. They are all off on different months.

I despise year-round school.

1:17 PM  
Blogger L said...

OK year-round school sounds like it sucks are your kids off from school at different times?

Down with the evil red 40.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Yes, Lori. They are off at different times.

My oldest goes to traditional.

My son's pre-school is off in the month of July.

Coordinating vacation STINKS!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Crazedmomof4 said...

I am pictureing SJ as a little spiderman. Hope he is feeling better now.

I am allergic to red dye, As a kid, it made me hyper.

Maybe your cashier is related to the waitress from "Mad about you!"
remember that show, the waitress was the twin of Phebee from "Friends."

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home