Friday, November 03, 2006

The Theme Of The Week

The theme of the week on many blogs seems to be motherhood.

It's a topic that I had been planning a short post on. Now I'll look like a copycat. :)

Sometimes when my kids are arguing with each other, or worse with me, I find myself wondering what the heck I was thinking.

Why did I ever think I could be a parent? Why did I ever arrogantly assume that I could be responsible for another person, let alone three? Where can I hide the bodies?

Then there comes a night like Tuesday. SJ was wearing his cookie monster costume. We went to the first house and he had no idea what to expect. I need to say that every time I walk this kid around the block, he asks to ring people's doorbells. (He's nosy like his Mom.)

So first he got to ring a doorbell and then the super bonus...OMG they gave him CANDY!

His Dad was waiting at the end of the driveway. He ran as fast as his little legs would go, yelling, "Daddy, I got CANNY!"

It only took one house for him to get it. From then on, he was flying up front steps and ringing doorbells, multiple times if I didn't get to him first.

And then, joy of joys, when we got home, he was allowed to eat all the stuff he can't usually have. Mr. Hyper was hard to get to bed that night.

The next day I had to clean candy-induced diarrhea off his legs, his pajamas and the floor. But you know what? It was worth it.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a good mom, Carolyn.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Awww *sniff sniff* this is a really sweet post.
I love his enthusiasm and pure joy:)

10:19 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Oh, this is so wonderful. I am so proud of you. Never worry about what kind of Mom you are because you are superlative.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One only has to experience the independence and secrity displayed by those 3 to understand that they were in fact, not raised by wolves.
You have always done a great job.

Some day you will have to learn to put yourself first, just once in a great while. You certainly deserve it.

11:03 AM  
Blogger *~*Cece*~* said...

Isn't it wonderful when the get the hang of things like that? Very sweet post, I'm glad I stopped by.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Security" can't spell

11:04 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

That is so sweet. It's hard to believe, but some things are worth wiping up smelly diarreah. You just don't get that until you are a mom.

11:09 AM  
Blogger L said...

Heck yeah it was worth it, I bet his face lit up when he got the CANNY!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

What are you talking about? YOU are a wonderful mom, Carolyn!

And we copycat look-likes have to stick together;).

7:21 AM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

the theme of many blogs this week? You mean, the theme of many blogs, period, end of sentence.

oops did I say that outloud?

You, Carolyn, are a fine mother. Halloween takes a certain type of patience that I'm grateful (childless) I don't have to deal with yet.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Thanks, Liz.

Ms. L - He's a hoot.

Nobody - Thanks.

Rad Mabbit - They weren't raised by wolves. They were raised by Yetis.

Thank you for coming by Cece.

Kristin - The process of childbirth is yucky, or so I thought. After that, diarrhea is nothing!

Lori - He loves his canny, and mine too.

Paula - thank you. We need to have a copycat convention. :P

SL - There are many Mommy blogs out there. I'm not sure if I'm one or not. For me, Halloween and holidays don't take half the patience as the everyday things, like getting interrupted when you're reading. :)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

These are the things memories are made of!!! What a great post. YOu rock girl! :)

2:42 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Thanks Chelle. :)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Crazedmomof4 said...

That's where all the fun is, watching there joy! I always get lost in watching the pure joy of kids & then I bore everyone with details of it. Kids are awsome & such a blessing (even though they bring us to the point of wondering where to hide the bodies ;)! )

2:51 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Mommyhood is the best...

especially when you see their faces light up!!

even if it means we have to clean up diarreah....all night...

::shivers::

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home