Saturday, December 30, 2006

Holding Pattern

There is not a lot going on here. We are waiting for school to start up again, and I'll hop back on my diet January 2nd, honest. :)

A few days ago I saw a wreath for only 98 cents at the grocery store. What a steal if one could figure out how to keep it green until next year. LOL

I found cookie monster bubble bath at Longs Drug for two dollars. It was on clearance since it was a seasonal item. Nobody takes bubble baths after Christmas, right! I didn't complain. I snapped it up and the kids are soaking in it right now, thus giving me a few moments of peace.

Also at Longs Drug, was a book by Joy Fielding. I started to put it in my cart. Then I noticed it was ten dollars - TEN DOLLARS FOR A PAPERBACK! It was bad enough when they went up to seven. I don't care if I have to get on a waiting list at the library or buy one on ebay. There is no way I'm paying that much for a paperback.

Lots of my Christmas gifts were really nice. My parents gave me some very cool slippers that look like this.

I love them and wish I could wear them to the grocery store. Maybe I could put my hair up in curlers too so the look would be complete. Heh heh.

My parents also gave me an Amazon gift certificate. There is a book by Kim Harrison that doesn't come out until May. If I pre-order it and also order another book and get the free super-saver shipping, I can get everything sent to me in May.

But if I don't use super saver shipping, if I actually PAY for shipping, I can get the other book mailed now and only have to wait for the Kim Harrison.

My inner "I want it now" child is warring with my outer skinflint. Sigh

Paula, from Mixed With Sugar, sent me one of her fabulous button necklaces. I LOVE it. She also sent me some Squirrel Nut Zippers, which I refuse to share. I have met so many wonderful people through blogging. It makes me want to move nearer to many of you, but that sounds rather stalkerish, doesn't it?

My in-laws gave me a fifty-dollar visa card. This one is tougher. I could buy new tennis shoes or clothes OR I could buy fifteen spin classes at the gym so I could fit in the clothes. Spin classes will probably win out.

My husband gave me some bath and body works stuff with the implication that he would watch the kids while I took an actual bath. I've eaten so much Christmas cookies that I'm not certain the tub is big enough anymore.

My oldest daughter gave me a measuring cup, a book and a necklace.

My youngest daughter gave me a coffee mug, a hand-painted tree ornament and a picture.

Santa didn't give me anything. I think he was mad because I ate his cookies and drank his milk. I'd heard his cholesterol was high, so while it was a sacrifice, I saved him from those cookies. He'll thank me someday.

I hope everybody has a Happy New Year and good luck keeping those resolutions.

17 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

happy new year! i'm intrigued by the squirrel nut zippers.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

*blush*

12:44 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

What are Squirrel Nut Zippers?

7:14 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Squirrel nut zippers are a retro candy and the name of a band. :)

8:51 PM  
Blogger velcro said...

and the band is fantasic (never had the sweeties)

happy new year Carolyn

2:40 AM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Love the slippers!! I double dog dare you to don the curlers and wear them to the grocery store...

Sounds like you got a lot of nice stuff.

Happy New Year!

10:06 AM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Happy New Year!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Happy New Year!! Squirrel nut zippers...never heard of them. I LOVE those slippers. They look comfy and fun. I heard of Santa's high cholesterol too and ate all the cookies as well. Just looking our for the big guy...

11:29 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

And a Happy New Year back at all of you!

5:04 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You definitely do not want to wait. The sky might fall....

5:14 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

omg those slippers.....I bought my 18 yr old daughter very similar slippers for Christmas, except hers are all one color. She tells me that she is goingto wear them out, even to school. I doubted her until she came down Christmas day with this really cute outfit on...AND the slippers.....lol Sooooo....I seriously don't think you will look out of place wearing them to the grocery store!! hehe

SOunds like you got some really ncie gifts!! :)

Happy New Year, Carolyn!!!

8:18 PM  
Blogger EdotR said...

I love your slippers!! I want some..maybe you can match em' with a nice terry cloth robe for the supermarket..very in this season!!

Sqirrel Nut zippers are awesome..they taste so good..I used to buy em' all the time back in Jersey...*sniff sniff*

Happy New Year..may the New Year actually allow you time to chill in your tub!!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Happy New YEar!

Those slippers are gorgeous!
I'd want to wear them outside too.
Hey,kids here wear pjs outside so I don't see why you can't wear your slippers;)

9:42 AM  
Blogger My float said...

Damn Santa! On the bright side, at least he didn't give you the stomach virus!!

1:11 PM  
Blogger L said...

First of all I would wear those slippers out LOL, those are cute.

I am intrigued by the squirrel nut zippers.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

We totally forgot to feed Santa. But it didn't stop him from feeding us--I came back to Pittsburgh with way too much chocolate...

1:02 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

My Float - That is true.

Lori - I wore them to take my son to pre-school today.

SL- I wish you could do that whole Star Trek thing and beam them to me.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home