Friday, February 02, 2007

Blog Hopping on a Friday Night

This idea was shamelessly stolen from East of Oregon.

I started with one of my links. I picked My Float.

My Float lives in New South Wales, AU. She summarized herself quite nicely in her "About Me" line. It reads, "I mother, I partner, I work. Sums it up really. Oh, and I blog."

My Float is a really nice person and a really good Mom. I can tell.

From My Float's blog, I followed the Redneck Mommy link.

Redneck Mommy lives in Canada. In her latest post, she chronicles her automobile's tendency to get stuck in snowbanks. Oh and her very pregnant friend pushed the car out for her last time she was stranded.

Redneck Mommy also has a Boston Terrier, a sign of a smart person if I ever saw one.

My next stop was Emma Sometimes. She lives in the Pacific Northwest, US. Emma is currently hosting a vote for the best mullet contest. Go vote before it's too late!

Also read her post that's titled "No Facial For Me." It's hilarious.

I had to hit the back button after Emma's blog. She didn't have any links.

Note to self: Plan ahead.

I was back at Redneck Mommy and I decided to visit MommyMatic. Her tag line was Don't Make Me Turn This Blog Around. She is currently freezing her assets off in Utah.

She's a 33 year old Cancer, who likes to take long walks on the beach. She IS a 33 year old Cancer. I made the beach part up.

Okay, it was time to wrap this up. Finding this many funny blogs in one night of hopping would increase my reading time exponentially.

The very last blog I picked was Fret Me Lisa purported to be, in Lisa's own words, Pennsylvania's Most Interesting Blog. I liked her posting on passports that was titled Pass Me The Port.

So, if you have time, you may want to check them out. So many blogs, so little time...

14 Comments:

Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I've been looking for a few more funny blogs to read. Thanks for the links. I'm gonna have to do this too!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Gingers Mom - Much cheaper than bar hopping and no hangover!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

Thanks for the links. This sounds like a good idea.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey this looks like fun....I may have to try that. Except I wil get to clicking and forget who's blog I got from who's. I'm a spaz like that..hehe

10:44 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh!

You switched and I like it!

I had my fingers in my ears singing lalala while I read your post. I spend enough (too much) time on the computer as it is. I'm TRYING to cut back.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

A new look, i see! i like the idea but i'm horribly lazy. i will try to check those blogs out.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog hopping- what a great idea! And no designated driver required. :)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

cool stuff!! sounds like you had fun!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Angel Jem said...

I love playing comment chase; that's where I pick a blog and a post with plenty of comments and chase along reading as many new blogs as I can. it's quite good fun, because you meet blogs that nobody has put on their sidebar & get to know more people that way. But I have done this style blog hopping, too. Have fun!

3:14 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Your new tagline is true...what made you think of it? (the thing about other people)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I love your take on this Carolyn!
I like your new look too:)

12:10 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Look at you all dolled up in your fancy new clothes ;) Very swish!

I like the idea of blog hopping and comment chasing...

4:25 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

thanks for the props. Great to read you too!!

~Emmers

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am only writing to make you be aware of what a remarkable experience my wife's princess went through reading through your web page. She even learned such a lot of things, which include what it is like to possess a very effective coaching heart to have others smoothly completely grasp a number of problematic subject areas. You truly surpassed readers' desires. Many thanks for presenting these priceless, healthy, informative not to mention easy tips on the topic to Emily. [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-stroitelstve-v-moskve.html]главный строительный портал[/url]

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home