Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Point Is?

Wouldn't it be nice if we could somehow post to our blog and clean our houses/do our jobs at the same time?

I'm not sure how many posts I have stored in my head and lost forever. Maybe if they were that important I would have remembered them.

Last night I was suffering from insomnia. This is very rare for me. I am normally so sleep-deprived, I am ready to hit the sack by eight at night and sleep through until six-thirty.

I would probably accidentally sleep later, but Cecil's morning bathroom needs keep me honest.

My mother says I have always been a tired person. I never made it through dinner as a child. She has pictures of me sleeping upright with my head in my plate.

It seems like it would have been easier and much less messy to give me a sandwich an hour before dinner, but I don't look as if I've ever missed a meal. She must have been feeding me something.

So I went to bed at eight Wednesday, completely exhausted, only sleep was elusive. I couldn't get comfortable. The bed felt lumpier than usual. It has one of those goose-down mattress toppers on top that my in-laws gave us.

My husband loves it. I hate it. I swear my side of the bed is lumpier than his.

I moved out to the couch around eight-thirty and crashed sometime past nine. Later I shuffled to my own bed.

But at twelve-thirty I was up again, with a headache! I woke up my husband from the couch and sent him to bed.

Then I tried to rest with him and SJ, who was also in the bed. Only I was squished and my head hurt and I was hot.

So I got up and took some migraine medicine, checked the bank account online, read a bit and perused the sales flyers. Safeway was advertising tofu for a dollar and pink lady apples for a dollar and twenty-eight cents a pound. Woo-hoot!

I went to SJ's bed and tossed for another hour. My head still hurt and I was queasy.

Then SJ woke up and I went back in my bedroom where it was still too hot and too squished.

Right around the time I started sleeping well, it was time to get up.

Yawn.

And my point is? I'm not even sure I had one. If I did, I'm too tired to remember.

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Aww nooooo,I feel your pain because my nights are like just like this.
Drugs,lol,just give in and use drugs. Heavy heavy sleep inducing drugs,life saving drugs;p
I hope tonight you fall asleep instantly,and that your side of the bed is smooth as silk!
I have a lumpy side too,what's up with that??

4:48 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I'm sorry. That blows. Is it wrong to drug the children so they sleep peacefully in their own beds? I hope you get some deep ZZ's tonight!!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Sorry you had such a miserable night. Maybe an air mattress in another room would help? They are more comfortable than couches, and offer a refuge when your bed is too crowded.

The deal on pink lady apples sounds good. I think you got me into them ;)

5:18 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

I HATE insomnia! My bedroom has to be cold for me to be able to sleep. I actually close the vents so its cooler.

Wishing you a good sleep and sweet dreams.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Sleep deprivation is a killer.

I can top your tofu deal. 3/$1 16oz. packages. The whole time I was eating dinner I was thinking 'this meal only cost me 33 cents'.

I don't think I've ever tried pink lady apples. They sound good though.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Waspgoddess said...

Hope you're sleeping well as I'm typing this.

The deal on the pink ladies is amazing, here (in the UK) they cost about £2.30 (that's $4.50!), so I never buy them...

12:56 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

I feel ya'...nightime sucks for me...having miss C invading my territory, worrying about flying bugs, headaches and lumpy pillows...

drug the kids...and take some nyquil yourself..

7:07 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Ms. L - Drugs would have been heavenly.

GM - It is not wrong at all. I've been known to use prescription Duradryl for a cold when Tylenol cold would have sufficed nicely.

Bearette - J's bed is awful comfortable AND she did move.

Bookworm - I like a cold room too. There's nothing like icicles dripping off your nose to make the covers seem heavenly.

Roxanne - I've never seen tofu that cheap here, not even in the Asian Market. Once you've had pink ladies, most other apples are second rate.

Waspgoddess - Yikers, is everything that expensive in the grocery store? I know you pay lots more for gas and shudder at the thought.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Waspgoddess said...

Yes it is pretty expensive across the board, but then everything is in the south-east of England. And also Cate Blanchett used to shop at that super market when she lived here so it must be good, eh?

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was up last night, too! (also with a headache) We should have IM'd. :)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

One word: melatonin

Or

one other word: valarian

Valarian stinks like dirty feet but it is my friend on nights I can't sleep or if I want to commit murder on someone who's acting like a trog. Calms you right down.

Okay, more than one word.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

must google pink lady apples. Off to Walgreens and then the library! But not to work! Unless I fall asleep at the keyboard...

pictures of you as a child with your head in your plate? We want to see them!!

Hope your migrane is gone. Marian suffers from those. Sleep seems an integral part of her life too.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Waspgoddess - Well if it's good enough for Cate, it's good enough for me. :)

Liz - That would have been fun.

Paula - As long as it doesn't make me stink like dirty feet.

SL - I need to come into this century and get a scanner so I can post them.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

*I found you through way of beady and ms. l*

Your sleeping habits sound like mine... I'm always sleepy but can never sleep. And just by the time I do fall into that 'zone' it's time to start a new day... and of course, then I'm grumpy. Poor hubby. lol

8:18 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

get rest soon I hope !

8:33 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Mrs.Slushie - Welcome. The more the merrier.

East of Oregon - Last night's sleep was stellar. :)

8:37 AM  
Blogger L said...

Those apples sound yummie I will have to look for them.

I have to have it cool to sleep and no noise and it has to be pitch black.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that one plate looked like little swimming sperm and a Killer whale.
Then there was the penis shaped microphone??? (here hum into this)
If I had more time I'm sure I would see other things besides animal droppings. (probably because of the coloring)
Shoot now I'm hungry

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home