Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Pass More Coffee and I'll Think One Up

For anybody who read yesterday's post and has a daughter who will need to be told the facts, I can't recommend enough The Period Book. It covers things young girls need to know in a very matter of fact way. I do believe it also talks about the birds and the bees so any mother who buys it will want to look through it first to make sure it meets their standards.
********************
SJ wanted a push in his swing yesterday. I couldn't help but notice the back yard was dotted with dog droppings.

So I grabbed a shovel for me, and one for SJ, and went in the yard to clean it up. I didn't really expect him to pick dog poop up. I was avoiding the tug of war that ensues when one person has a shovel and the other person wants it.

The last time my husband raked leaves, he bagged them and left them in the yard.

The dogs ate the bags and scattered the leaves in big piles near the bag carcasses. Then they decided the leaf piles would be the perfect place to crap in.

I'm tired of unwitting children not seeing the hidden doggie grenades in the leaf piles. Then I get stuck scrubbing the treads of their shoes with a toothbrush while cursing furiously under my breath.

It's unbelievable that dogs averaging 20 to 25 pounds can leave elephant-sized stogies all over the back yard, but they can.

I picked up much poop and it took a while. I still have to do the other side of the yard but the most played in side is good for now.
*******************
SJ is gaining a lot of language and trying out new words. One of his favorite and most fascinating is "hole."

He'll look at a knothole in the fence and say, "That's a hole."

Ditto for wrought iron furniture, torn pieces of paper and the slider door to our kitchen with the empty spot where the hardware should be.

Today he tried to poke his finger in Boot's "hole."

And my very favorite thing is that every time I'm cleaning a stinky diaper, and his butt is in the air, he tells me, "That's a hole."

Thanks for the info kid.

I've often wondered why anyone would want to be a proctologist. I'm beginning to think I may find out.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't wanna play if you become an amateur proctologist, OK?
Does SJ have kid size tools for yard work?? You should see the pooper scooping your fil collects. YUK

10:29 AM  
Blogger Ty said...

I just love kids, they get curious about the funniest things!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

When I was 8, my mom gave me a book about the birds and the bees. My biggest question was: Why? It sounded so unappealing. Then I told my best friend, and she didn't believe me.

SJ will make a lot of money in his chosen field ;)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Bwaaahaaa,he's funny!
I love his discoveries;)
How did Boots react to the poking?
My nephew did that to Beans once..she was not impressed,lol

Thanks for the book tip!
I have a similar book for Jig but that one looks better.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

MR - SJ has a plastic shovel but I'd be afraid he'd really use it for poop.

Ty - There's never a dull moment.

Bearette - My husband didn't believe it when he heard about the birds and the bees the first time either.

Ms. L - Boot's eyes started to bug out more, if that's possible.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Did you find any hot doggie poopins? :P

9:12 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Roxanne - I found all kinds!

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember my mom saying, "Now, I know this might seem strange, but..."

That was the intro to my sex talk.

12:28 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Boy, I hate proctologists. You know what they do? They look for this "hole", then they.... Never mind.

5:34 PM  
Blogger velcro said...

I remember my mum gave me a book to read all about periods and growing breasts and stuff. I still haven't forgiven it for lying to me.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Liz - It is kind of a strange thing isn't it?

Old Hoss - Come on, share. :)

Velcro - If you're saying the breasts failed to come, look at the bright side. You don't have to wear two bras when you jog!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

SJ is incredibly cool. He must keep you laughing all the time. I have not cleaned our backyard of poop in I don't wanna say how long. I'm a bad neighbor. :)

9:03 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Velcro, we're in the same boat ;)

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home