Friday, April 06, 2007

Positive Stuff

Yesterday I did manage to take SJ for a stroller ride. It wasn't a brisk walk but we had a good time.

He has been extremely good this week and I told him that's why he was getting a stroller ride. I'm trying to reward my kids for good behavior not just notice the bad. At the risk of sounding like a total simpleton, that's harder than it sounds.

On the ride, he asked to go in various houses. I told him it wasn't Halloween, he wasn't selling anything and he wasn't spreading the word of God. So sorry but no!

Last night and many teaspoons of cough syrup with codeine later, I slept.

Today was exercise indoor day! I put in my tape and began.

SJ watched at first and didn't bug me much when I was lifting weights. But when I laid on the floor to do crunches, he insisted on an "airplane ride" on my legs.

If anybody wants to do crunches with a lot of resistance, I have a thirty-five pound weight you can borrow!

In fact maybe I need to make an infomercial, but there's those pesky laws about selling toddlers. Oh well.

Any ladies out there reading this who want to get into shape, I can't reccomend weight-lifting enough. My pesky triceps are still fighting me, but my biceps are getting firm. And the results are fast, six weeks minimum. Anybody wanna arm wrestle? :)

The kids will be hunting eggs on Easter Sunday. There's actually some candy left I didn't annihilate. I might have to make a store run for more peanut butter cups but that's it. Hey, you're supposed to eat extra protein to gain muscle so that's what I did. It was a sacrifice too.

My middle daughter has her eighth birthday coming up. She has matured so much in the last five months, it has been amazing.

She is finally keeping her bedroom clean and fighting less with her brother. She is a great help with him and I'm so grateful.

There is a new drop-in childcare center that they can go to while I run errands. SJ didn't want to stay but she eased him into it. When I came back, he didn't want to leave. Things like that would be impossible without her help or at least a lot more difficult.

So what are everyone else's plans for this weekend? Care to share?

12 Comments:

Blogger Pendullum said...

Easter egg hunt...and Having dinneratmy parents with my very RUDE FILin tow...
So, I see many glasses of wine in my futre as he arrives tomorrow to spread all the glee of hoe great he is.. while my husband daughter and I cringe...Just hopehe does nottry and pick up my babysister again...
I mean 78 year ole stud that he is...Don't know why she did not leap atthe chance!!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Ham, homemade macaroni and cheese, deviled eggs, bicuits, and stuff like that. Walking after THAT. And then some beer. Or gin.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

We are having church of course and then a family dinner and hunt for gobs and gobs of eggs and candy. I think my WW plan is getting the boot this weekend. Mmmm....peanut butter cups....droool!
It is hard to stop and reward your kids for being good sometimes. It really is easier to get after them for being bad. Good for you.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Work tomorrow, then to a friend's to watch "The Passion" b/c we're major dorks, then church. Somewhere in there a brunch, which I'm assuming is AFTER church, but the host still hasn't told me...

Then, who knows? Of course, all the calls to relatives far away.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

church on Sunday--I really AM tired.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Well, since we have snow (yes I said SNOW) on the ground, we're postponing the egg hunt til next weekend. Our kids are over the Easter Bunny thing anyhow so they're ok with that. We had 80 degree weather on Wed. and snow by Friday. :(

4:43 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Pendullum - Doesn't your babysitter know a catch when she sees one?

Paula - Sounds like a feast!

GM - My WW plan gets the boot frequently.

SL - Sounds like a fun day. I haven't done any socializing in a while.

Roxanne - Sorry about the snow.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Ty said...

Good for you on getting out and getting some exercise.

I have two birthdays this month, Trev's is on Tuesday and Abby's is on the 22nd.

As for my weekend, I will be just taking care of Trev as he recuperates. It will be weird to be home so much, I'm not used to it.

I'm on yahoo messenger now as talktoty, just trying to tell all my friends in case they ever want to chat.

Have a great weekend!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

I will be spending a blissfully quiet weekend at home since my sister and nephew went out of town. I don't have a toddler that helps me exercise, but when I do yoga, my cat is constantly getting in the way.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

The drop-in childcare sounds great.

7:14 PM  
Blogger L said...

We are grilling steak fajitas.

Have you tried the reese cups with carmel in them? mmmmmmmm

4:34 PM  
Blogger Undomestic said...

My arms are so weak and they look so untoned. I spend my entire bootcamp class just staring at the instructors arms, as if that will help mine look like hers. And she's 59! But I'd kill to have her body.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home