Thursday, April 05, 2007

What to Do

It's another worthless morning brought to you by oak pollen.

SJ is on spring break this week. I can't call it Easter vacation because that is politically incorrect. It also seems like some of the schools purposely schedule the break as far from Easter as possible. Trying to be PC is a lot of work.

Yesterday I blew the diet completely. Why is it that some days I can ignore hunger pains but on others the ability isn't there to not stuff my GAPING MAW with everything in sight?

I try not to keep junk in the house but I remembered the spring break candy hidden in the closet. The kid's baskets may be a little short on chocolate this Sunday. It's fortuitous that I purchased things I don't like such as Starburst and Sweet Tarts.

Maybe today will be better for me. I've been up for almost two hours and I haven't pigged out yet.

I need to exercise too. I was going to put in my exercise video but SJ wanted to watch There Goes A Bulldozer.

Another exercise option is jogging on my treadmill but then I have to make sure he isn't sneaking up behind me trying to stick his fingers in it.

The next option is to pop him in his stroller and take him for a walk. But then I would feel obligated to put on sunglasses and a mask over my nose and mouth a la Michael Jackson. That's attractive.

Oops, I may have talked myself out of exercising. What a pity.

Yesterday afternoon I finally had some prescriptions filled. I picked up some generic Allegra and some Optivar eyedrops. WITH INSURANCE, the eyedrops were thirty-two dollars! What's in them - rhinocerous horn? It must be, because even when I use them, I still feel like one is poking me in the eye.

Ack, how did I manage another crabby post? Really things aren't that bad.

Let me get another few cups of coffee in me and I'll be right as rain.

And what does right as rain mean anyway?

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm supposed to fill a prescription for Optivar-- thanks for the heads up. I've been living off my free sample for two weeks.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

I used the free sample last year. I had NO IDEA it was so pricey. What a racket!

9:58 AM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

Why do you need to be insured to use eye drops?

Hey, nice to sees ya. I haven't been by nearly enough.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Ty said...

My daughter is on Flonase and Claritin and still feels like shit.

I hope I never get allergies.

How was your vacation?

5:42 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I have to do everything....

Right as rain comes from the Republicans, which, as you know, are the right wing of politics. It only rains when Republicans are around, so that's why it's right. To be rain.

(P.S. Lighten up!!)

5:57 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Badgerdaddy - Because I get dangerous with those suckers and I think you've been plenty busy in real life. :)

Ty - It was not a real vacation. But I would call it introspective.

Old Hoss - Does this mean George W. is right? Or maybe it means he's all wet? Let's just make a chocolate effigy of him and melt it.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Undomestic said...

I totally get the "exercise" excuses when you have children...they are real though.

How was your vacation?

6:27 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Undomestic - Short and turbulent. :) It was a vacation in my mind if that makes sense.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Sometimes I sweat you and I were sisters in another life. Weird. I feel like you are writing about me half the time.
I almost tried those eye drops too but the price!! Let me know how they work. I am using flonase (SP??) now and it seems to help a bit.
I am having a hard time with my diet too. They tell me at WW that nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. Whatever dumb ass said that was not being stared down by a giant chocolate bunny.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

GM - Better a chocolate bunny than a chocolate Jesus. Hee hee.

The eye drops used to work a lot better. They're not as good this year for some reason.

I'm alternating them with the Visine allergy ones. I don't know if you're supposed to do that but my eyes hurt, darn it!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Oh and the Chocolate Jesus is at Old Hoss's site lest you think I'm making it up. :)

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home