Wednesday, June 13, 2007

All Better

Phew. Azure is back in school and Sammy is too.

It's amazing how quickly my sanity returns when I get my two hours of silence a day.

Now that Sammy is back on a regular schedule, he's much better behaved also. I don't have to hear that constant high-pitched scream every two minutes.

Hallelujah! The only fly in my ointent is that he is out through half of July and August and so is Azure. Who wants a roommate later this summer?
********************
The pink lady apples are gone from the store. First they dissapeared from the Bel-Air.

I whimpered audibly when I realized it. People were staring.

There were still some at Safeway. Then they dissapeared.

I tried some braeburns. Yick!

The jazz ambrosias from New Zealand are what I am currently eating but I miss my ladies.

It occured to me while thinking about this that I have become my mother. She goes on about Mcintosh apples all the time.

It seems to me that when we find ourselves becoming our parents, it's time to call in Mr. Kevorkian.

"Please Mr. K, I can't take the pain anymore."
********************
Am I the only one who gets a food hangover?

I ate too much last night. Hubster and I went out to dinner.

We had thai food and then we discovered the Cold Stone Creamery. OMG, heaven.

Now I feel like I have been drinking all night. Something about pigging out doesn't agree with me.

I find this odd since food used to be my favorite drug. You know you're old when you wake up with a hangover and you didn't drink.

Sigh.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never been to a Cold Stone. Is that the place where they mix the ice cream up on a marble slab?

7:24 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Liz -

Yes it is. They have stuff they'll add in like strawberries, graham cracker pie crust crumbs, cake, candy bars, anything under the sun.

I had strawberry ice cream with yellow cake chunks.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Ah, the food hangover. There is also the food baby...a suspiciously rounded stomach after eating ;)

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a lot like me already. I will look for pink ladies.

Kervorkian got out of jail this week but please don't call him.

One time after dieting for a year and a half for my 25th class reunion, I ate a piece of chocolate birthday cake. My body couldn't process it and I was really ill.

Mom

8:23 AM  
Blogger velcro said...

if it were possible I'd ship you some pink ladies from here as I know how annoying it is when a supermarket stops stocking the food that you happen to enjoy, mine seems to do it as a matter of principle.

9:14 AM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

On the plus side... No Pink Ladies is no bad thing.

They are gorgeous, but not northern-hemisphere native at all... And braeburns - a British staple - suck in comparison.

Sorry 'bout that!

11:14 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Cold Stone...yum yum yum....I love that place!!!

glad to hear you overdosed on food and sound much more upbeat...

I ate two pieces of cake last night and I almost couldn't make it out of bed this morning..

11:37 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Dr. K could have a fulltime job if he wanted. Just keep it quiet.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

LMAO YES I've felt that before too!

Now I'm droooling,thinking about your yummy stuff.

I could totally use a roommate AND then we can both call Dr.K together. The things that have been coming out of my mouth..oy! And then there are the things I can't control,like my hair and the way I type and the way I hold a fork..how does(heh I wrote dies) that happen??

I've never tried Pink Ladies..I'm going to look for them now...

6:56 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

It's really bad when the "food baby" is permanent.

8:47 PM  
Blogger livesbythewoods said...

Now to me, mixing stuff up on a slab and then finding crumbs in it sounds like a dreadful accident.

On the other hand, the fudge shop in Bath mixes fudge up on a slab, forcing you to buy it and eat it, then feel sick for two days.

5:05 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

I like Honeycrisps, which are apparently only available for three days in the middle of the month, but I can never remember which month, just that it's sometime between May and December. Sigh.

5:22 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

oh, and by the way, I am in need of a roommate. As my current one (H) may be pushed under a bus very soon...

5:23 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Bearette - I have a permanent food baby.

Anonymous - No need to look for pinks. They'll be back in September.

Velcro - I wish I could ship you a flat to live in.

Badgerdaddy - I just found out the jazz are a cross between braeburns and galas. So braeburns are good for something.

Mary - I love cake. Mmmm.

OldHoss - I think Dr. K got in trouble for not keeping it quiet enough.

Ms. L - Becoming our parents is never fun. We're too cool for that aren't we?

Roxanne - Tell me about it.

Livesbythewoods - Fudge, mmmmm.

Babelbabe - It would be a pity to dent the bus.

10:36 PM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Ah, the deliciousness of a variety of apples. We still have pink ladies. Do I need to ship some?! Or would you be arrested for contraband apple reception?
It is starting to get hot here. Summer has arrived. We are too cheap to visit Cold Stone Creamery. Plus, it's like a cold heart attack waiting to happen for me. So I deny the children the pleasure of Cold Stone, too. Juice popsicles for us!
Dr. K needs to wear disguises and keep his Mouth Shut. He offers a valuable service. Sadly, I bet he's back in the slammer in no time. I bet he gets left alone in jail; he knows all kinds of ways to kill ya!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

Pink lady apples are yummy.

7:14 PM  
Blogger My float said...

Two hours of silence - aah, what bliss!

I love my pink ladies too - all crispy, sweet goodness. Why, I have one sitting on my benchtop. I might well savour it for my morning snack. (Hee, hee, are you green yet?!)

I feel that hangover when I eat potatoes or bread for dinner. Oh, and icecream. It must be a condition!! :)

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home