Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Speedy Update

Azure is home with strep. It looked like she had the stomach flu. She was vomiting Saturday night. Then she was fine Sunday, just listless. Then Monday she started vomiting again.

She would seem to get better and then get sick again.

Monday night I took her to the ER. After a three and a half hour wait, we gave up and went home.

On Tuesday I took her to the pediatrician, who made the strep diagnosis. They gave her an antibiotic shot to start her out.

Here is the thing with this kid when she is sick.

She can have a hangnail, a common cold or pneumonia and she still acts the same.

She moans like she's in the labor ward of the hospital shooting out an 11 pound baby. She does it ALL DAY LONG every time she gets sick and I am OUT of sympathy.

Maybe a better mother wouldn't get annoyed but how am I supposed to tell real sick from slightly sick when she does it EVERY TIME?

Does anybody else have a kid like this? Aargh!

8 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Oh yes!
The ONLY thing that keeps me going is reminding myself that in order for people to feel compassion and empathy for others,they have to be shown it themselves.
That is the only thing that keeps me from screaming Knock it off you BIG BABY!! and even then it's a struggle.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Maybe she has a future in the movies? I hope she feels better!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

Yep, a few in fact!!! I have absolutely NO PATIENCE with sick kids/husbands... they drive me nuts! When I get sick, I just keep on going, no moaning etc... why can't everyone else do the bloody same!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Well, most husbands are that way aren't they?
Mine are so little they haven't really learned all the drama. I think it is coming though.

Poor you. You deserve a cocktail and something shiney.

I hope she is feeling better soon.

9:00 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Miss C does this frequently and since her verbal skills are still not very good, you can't tell if she is really sick or not...it drives me crazy!!!!

12:41 PM  
Blogger L said...

Mine just gets cranky and its not just cranky its CRANKY LOL.

2:31 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You should "get sick" and emulate the child. Maybe you can get breakfast in bed.

11:57 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

you'd think she was a man, wouldn't you?

hope she's feeling better, and that you can have a nice big cold drink soon : )

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home