Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Long Time No Blog


This is going to be one of those meandering posts without any point whatsoever. So be it. LOL

Sammy is doing his best today to ensure that I don't get to sit and do anything. In fact we may be buying him a throne and a crown so he will have a place to sit while he barks out his demands.

"I have poopins!"

"Give me almond milk."

"Turn on baby songs."

"I need a band-eed."

We went on vacation at Angels Camp, CA from July 20th to 24th. I'm posting a picture of a convenience store that was close to the RV park where we stayed.

It was just like being at home. Do dishes, cook, do more dishes cook, cater to the kids, etc... I need a vacation from my vacation.

My gluten-free compilation is finally finished. I mail the folder to the dietician today to look over.

Yesterday was as hot as you know where. After running errands in my non air-conditioned car, I was wilted. I took off my bra and flopped on my bed. The house was a disaster and I was too tired to care.

This was the point at which some boys from down the street arrived to play with Azure. Oh goody.

They went in the back yard and ran around with the dogs. Boots got overexcited and nipped a kid. I didn't see the incident. I think he was trying to grab his toy and nipped the kid by mistake. But this little boy had what looked like scratch marks on his body, three of them.

The kid wasn't too upset. I was. I washed the marks with anti-bacterial soap, locked the dogs in the yard and let the kids continue playing in the house. They actually tried to go in the yard again and I told them heck no!

I also sent a note to the boy's parents telling them what happened and that Boot's shots were current. I included my phone number so they could call me. The father called and said since he was an EMT he had to report the dog bites by law or risk losing his license. Actually this isn't the case. He is only liable to report this stuff if he is treating somebody in a professional capacity. This doesn't apply to his private life.

But whatever, his wife wanted copies of the shot records. I dug them out and took them over.

Now we are sitting and waiting for the police to show up. Pray they don't sue.

Yesterday was also Jasmine's seventeenth birthday. I'm the mother of a seventeen year old. YOUCH! Where does the time go?

Well it's time to exercise and do all those fun chores I have. I hope to get on later and peruse everyone else's blogs. First I have to arm wrestle the kids for the computer.

13 Comments:

Blogger Chris H said...

YIKES about the dog.... hope it doesn't end in big trouble for you!!! Stoooopid parent calling and reporting a scratch! You are the mother of a 17 year old... booo hoooo my eldest is 28, I'M ANCIENT !!!!!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

i hope they don't sue, either. it would be silly if they did.

i still have a scratch on my leg from my sister's dog.

i had fun playing with That ;)

3:22 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Chris H - You look younger than me.

Bearette - SJ named That and picked everything out. He was inspired by your puppy.

3:34 PM  
Blogger L said...

I wonder what they sell at the glory hole center LMAO.


You should see my son and his scratches from Chico they play rough together.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Lori - I know they were out of eggs. Not sure what else they offered. :P

6:58 PM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

GLORY HOLE? Too funny!
Sorry about the dog nips. Gee, I guess you can't have those kids over anymore - there goes their free babysitting!
Congrats on getting the recipes together!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

Welcome back Caro! Sorry about the dog. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out ok.

7:06 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Maybe you should send the parents to Glory Hole!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Mscellania - True, I'm not overly fond of unexpected visits. Guess we'll not be getting those anymore.

Bookworm - Thanks.

Vernicious - LOL

9:20 PM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

It always surprises me when people go a bit stupid over dog behaviour.

I mean, dogs express themselves largely with their mouths. It's even worse when it's dog-to-dog. The owners go mental, but the fact is, dogs bite each other. Even friendly ones. Dogs bite, end of story. If they're not biting, they often have these weird little hand things, paws, they're called, and they have scratchy claws...

Sorry, I'm going off on one here. The shots are up to date and they're still being turdy about it. Says it all. If they sue or even make noises like they will, I will be most unhappy. And unimpressed. Fucking blame culture. Sucks.

1:42 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Badgerdaddy - As usual you have cracked me up. You do know how to turn a phrase.

8:43 AM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

Ah, you're just humouring me. But I appreciate it. So carry on.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Seriously?? What an ass. I'm sorry,I know that's rude but come ON Buddy,is that really neccasary??
I'm sorry you had to deal with that and I'm sending good vibes your way:)

Haa 17! Happy Birthday to yout Girl!
I have no clue how these kids grow up so fast!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home