Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Kids, The Other White Meat

It has turned out that Boots is not our biter. It's Cecil.

Azure had a friend over last week. I put the dogs in the house while they played in the yard. Sammie let the dogs out.

Cecil made a beeline for the kid and started bouncing up on him biting him. The kid started screaming. Cecil got even more excited and started biting him more. I screamed at the dog and it was like he didn't even hear me. My husband and I ran in the yard and he grabbed Cecil.

I don't want my dog to hurt any more children and obviously this is a liability we can't have.

He needs to be neutered which we can afford. But he also needs a trainer which would run about six-hundred bucks. That we can't afford.

I know we have to do this. I'm also aware that I don't have enough time to spend with my dogs or my kids and three dogs are too many.

But I whelped this dog. He follows me around the house laying at my feet. Do I spend enough time with him? No. But the way he greets me in the morning, the way he looks in my eyes, all those things make me feel like a big betrayer.

And I'm sad.

He needs to be posted on petfinder soon. I think it's like pulling off a band-aid. It just has to be done. Oh, but ouch.

13 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I'm so, so sorry.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Aww I'm sorry Friend:(

9:33 AM  
Blogger Chris H said...

Very hard decision, but necessary mate. I am sure you are doing the best thing for all concerned.

2:55 PM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

Ah shitting hell. That sucks. Stating the bleeding obvious, I know.

Chin up.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

I' so sorry.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Maybe you could buy a book on dog training?

7:34 PM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Oh no!
I'm sorry, Caro. That's sad. I know you love this pooch like your own kids. Well, almost.
(Maybe better than, some days!!!)

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he biting in a playful, puppy way? Or in a vicious way?

9:24 AM  
Blogger velcro said...

Oh you poor thing, and poor Cecil too.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Daysgoby - Thank you.

Ms. L - Thank you.

Chris H. - I am but Cecil won't understand.

Badgerdaddy - That's chins up to me. :)

Bookworm - Thank you.

Bearette - I'm too afraid it might happen again and we'll get sued.

Mscellania - He is much easier to get along with than my teen.

Liz - He's playing, but he drew blood.

Velcro - I worry about him in a new home, not that they won't love him, but that he'll be lonely.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I am terribly sorry. If I lived near you I would force my husband to let me take him. I want a Boston SOOOOOO bad. And he is incredibly adorable.

4:27 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You sure he won't bite somebody else? I hate to think of the possible cure for that....

3:34 PM  
Blogger livesbythewoods said...

We had to make the terrible decison to take our much-loved dog to the vet's after he bit someone (his second bite).

Caro, I am so sorry that you will have to part with your friend.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home