Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Positivity

Ty challenged us to post the positive things about our lives on our blogs. So here goes.

We have a two-hundred dollar electric bill. I'm glad we didn't buy one of those big houses with vaulted ceilings or we would have an eight-hundred dollar electric bill.

The kids broke my treadmill. I will be forced to go to the gym and exercise therefore getting my money's worth for that pricey monthly payment.

My car has no air conditioning and the weather is beastly hot. It keeps me from going out and spending money because I refuse to drive around in this heat. Maybe the money we're saving can go towards a down payment on a car that doesn't look like it belongs to the Joads.

I'm losing muscle tone faster than Paris Hilton loses her panties. This motivated me to lift weights yesterday.

We're still waiting for the police to show up so the house is moderately clean.

My son has been pooping about four times a day. It's a good thing the diapers are free.

I have to get a dental crown this month. It's going to cost four-hundred bucks. If we didn't have insurance, it would be twice that.

The kids are bored and whiny. However, school starts in a week and a half.

Homeowner's insurance and property taxes are coming up. But my husband watered the money tree in the back yard and it's growing quite nicely.

There, I feel much better. LOL

16 Comments:

Blogger L said...

My money tree died LOL.
I am on the count down for school starting.
I guess I have to be postive about my $220 electric bill. :)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Ty said...

Where can you get one of those money trees anyway?

LOL,great list!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Lori - I thought you had a green thumb.

Ty - Thanks, I turned my lemons into lemonade.

10:14 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

I second you on the back to school....

12:16 PM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

"We're still waiting for the police to show up so the house is moderately clean."

Genius. x

6:33 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Mary - Is Miss C getting as bonkers as Sammy? Take away that boy's schedule and you know...

Badgerdaddy - It's getting less clean as we get less vigilant.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

And just where do ya get a money tree??? Love your list, very comical, well put!

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you really think they'll sue?

I can't believe it. Why do people have to go to extremes over stuff like this? Over some scratches?

Seriously. I think the majority of the world's population needs to get laid or get a massage or just get a life. Or something.

6:48 AM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

I might try this positivity thing.

I might not though, to be fair.

You found my new blog, you detective you!

12:50 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

"Watered the money tree"?? Your have a great way of looking at the future most positively.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

"Faster than Paris Hilton..."

Heh, I laughed out loud. I shall probably think of this post when next at the gym.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

LMAO!
I enjoyed your take on positivity.
Those are all WONDERFUL examples.
My electric bill is about 60 bucks a month! My gas bill though..that's another story and just wait til winter. This new place is hardly insulated...should be interesting. May be I should knit a cosy for the roof??lol

I'm SO glad to read you again!

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly Ty! If you plant coins a money tree will grow!

You just have to plant A LOT of coins...

8:22 PM  
Blogger velcro said...

And yet I could just hear the sarcasm and irony dripping from your tongue as you typed!

I hope the dog issue is solved soon and that they don't sue (daft buggers!)

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those parents of the kids with the scratch must not have animals of their own.

A real dog bite does severe damage.
You maybe should have taken pictures of the scratch.

You did everything exactly right.

Mom

11:34 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Chris H - I could tell you but I'd have to kill you.

Liz - The animal control people were very nice about the whole thing, thank goodness.

Badgerdaddy - That's me, the detector!

OldHoss - I felt much better after making the list. That positive thinking works.

Spidergirl - I think it's almost time for her to come out with another video, oops I mean time for somebody to "leak" one.

Ms. L. - You'd better post a pic of that cozy.

Bec - And they have to be pieces of eight.

Velcro - Thank you. Other than needing to get them licensed, we are now good to go. Well we need to get rid of the skunk smell too.

Anonymous - Yeah, but people can sue over anything nowadays.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home