Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Following Post Brought to You by...

PAXIL! I love Paxil. I've been on it almost two weeks now and what a difference. Sometimes you don't realize how bad you were feeling until you start feeling good. Maybe my posts will be a little less woe is me now. They were getting tiresome.

The dentist of doom installed the permanent crown on Wednesday. I will spare the painful details since so many of you don't care for the dentist. Let's just say it hurt a lot and I will be switching dentists. I don't think he'll mind much either since I accidentally bit his finger as I was yelping in pain. Some relationships are not meant to be. Really, it's not him, it's me. Yeah right!

Moving on, my class is going well. I thought it was a plain children's nutrition class. Actually it is children's nutrition, health and safety. It's not bad and it's an easy way to get started back to school. I wasn't going to start out with chemistry, that's for sure.

And now the story of the day.

I pick Azure up at the library after school. Many of the parents do that, so the library gets quite crowded and noisy around two.

The library has a separate "quiet" room. It's made out of glass so you can see inside and the people inside can see out.

We walked past the quiet room and Sammie knocked on the door before I caught him. There was one elderly gentleman in there and he was flashing Sammie the look of doom.

I gave him my best apologetic smile and he glared at me.

Ooooookay.

I told Sammie to leave the man alone because the knocking made him angry. Sammie then walked up to peek in the room.

I told him no peeking and pulled him away. I also told him if he knocked again that man would probably come out and swat his butt. (hoping this would deter him) Then I grabbed some books, taking Sammie with me. On the way back by the room he ran up and knocked again. Sammie has always been one to press his luck.

We started walking to the check out counter. The man was slowly emerging from the room while giving us his glare of death.

Sammie got scared and hid behind me.

If looks could kill, we'd have dropped dead on the spot. The "gentleman" walked up to one of the librarians, I'm sure to complain about us.

While I was checking out, I told one of the other librarians what had transpired. She knew exactly which man I met. She told me in a wry voice that yes he liked his quiet.

I told her that I had told Sammie the man might swat him. She said he just might have. It seems they are quite familiar with that particular library patron.

Here's my beef, well beside the fact he was a total asshole. He comes to the library during the time of day it is most filled with kids and gets mad about noise. Come on now! That's like going to the grocery store at five and being shocked at the lines. Seems to me he only wanted something to bitch about.

Normally I try really hard to make sure my kids don't disturb other people. But in this particular case, it was a pleasure.

I laughed about it for a good half hour. Next time I see that man in the quiet room I will have to resist the urge to press my bare ass up against the glass.

That would be quite satisfying.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bwaahaahaa,ok when you do do THAT,take pictures of that old farts face,ok?
What an asshole! I hate people like that,scaring wee little Sammie.

And I for one,have never found your posts to be of the woe is me variety.

I'm glad you've got something that makes you feel better! I've heard great things about Paxil!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Looks like that Paxil is suiting you quite well!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Except you KNOW if you dropped trou that Sammie would follow suit...and that could slow down your getaway....

4:57 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Lael - I don't think his face could get any meaner.

Roxanne - I just hope I can find it in generic.

Daysgoby - Now I have a mental pic of us trying to run off with our pants around our ankles. LOL

7:09 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Goddam - hand me some of that Paxil! I am still laughing at the vivid picture of you 'cracking' a pressed smile to the curmudgeon.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Mscellania - I believe it is also called pressed ham under glass.

8:06 AM  
Blogger My float said...

What an idiot. The man is a fool.
Good on Sammie!

9:06 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Somebody once was selling something called "Moon on a Stick". You need one of those. You get to moon somebody while you keep all your clothes on.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Ty said...

God, your bare ass against the window comment made me laugh! I love it!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

My Float - I think maybe he was never young. Some people seem to be that way.

Old Hoss - I bought my dad one of those. It hooked in the back window of your car so you could moon the other drivers! I'm a class act, huh!

Ty - It would not be a pretty sight.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are some people who expect the library to be silent all the time. But even when patrons are being quiet, you still have the click-clack of fingers on keyboards, phones ringing, and the librarians really DO have to speak in order to do their jobs. :)

He's a crotchety old man. Let's hope he can loosen up and have some fun before he dies.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Undomestic said...

Libraries can be an odd place. At our local library, they have all these toys out for kids to play with, including cars. So the kids are running around the play area making car sounds, and this librarian has the nerve to remind us that we're still in the library and we need to keep the kids quiet! If so, then don't put out toys for kids to make noises with!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Ah yes, better living through chemistry. Paxil did NOTHING for me, but I wholeheartedly condone psych meds.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

He goes then so that he has something to complain about. I bet every library has one like him. I know we have a few at my library.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Liz - It's funny. I went in on Saturday when it was dead quiet and he wasn't there.

Undomestic - Boys and cars, huh! LOL

SL - If I add some cardio in, I actually get a high. Woo-hoot!

Bookworm - Some people are only happy when they're unhappy.

1:05 PM  
Blogger L said...

What is wrong with people now days kids will be kids and boys will be boys.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Ah, your posts do sound a little cheerier. Glad you are feeling better. My good Ol' Caro.

I would pay money if you do press your bare ass on that glass. Perhaps he needs a better visual...

9:31 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i am GLAD you bit his finger. he deserved it.

bite the old guy's finger too. he deserves it.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Lori - He is so much better than he used to be in the library too.

GM - He might have a heart attack or at least acute indigestion if I did that.

Babelbabe - I like that. Carolyn the finger biting mom.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home