Sunday, October 14, 2007

Misery Loves Company

It's necessary for me to post a disclaimer before I whine. Here goes:

THE BELOW WHINER REALIZES SHE HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WHINE ABOUT BECAUSE COMPARED TO THE STUFF GOING ON IN OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES, HER PROBLEMS ARE TRIFLING.

Now that I've posted that, I have to say it's true. I have no major problems right now other than my crazy brain. I'm not feeling sorry for myself either, just venting a bit. If I can make anyone laugh, all the better. I admit it. I'm a laughter whore.

Now where to start?

Oh yes, there was the post about how much better Paxil made me feel. It did.

I returned to my doctor with glowing reviews and asked him if it came in generic. It did. A generic prescription is five-dollars. A name brand prescription is on a formulary basis. In my case, the name-brand Paxil is forty-dollars. That's a decent price difference. So I started taking generics.

Then I started sleeping more, approximately twelve hours a day. I didn't want to log on the computer or talk on the phone or read or watch television. (I should add in the interest of disclosure I DESPISE talking on the phone anyway so it became more of an issue but by no means a new issue.)

Really I wanted to sleep, eat carbs, sleep and eat more carbs. Around two weeks into this I woke up in the morning and realized I was depressed. It was like one of those Oprah light bulb moments without the millions of dollars and the adoring fans hanging on my every word.

Now I am back on the regular Paxil. While I am still mildly depressed, it is much better. I'm sure I will soon be whistling zip-a-dee-doo-dah out my rear end again.
********************
One of the dogs, we suspect Mandy, had diarrhea this week. Diarrhea happens to everybody. I don't hold that against her.

I do hold it against her that she didn't wake me up. Instead she apparently dragged herself around the whole house with her ass rubbing the floor.

I thought it had all been cleaned up, silly me. Yesterday, while cleaning Azure and Sammy's room, I kept finding little surprises in random toy-piled corners and under the beds.

It was like the gift that kept on giving.

There is nothing like a fun-filled Saturday playing Find the Feces. Really, y'all should play it.
********************
There's a new Target store near us. I need to go. The only problem is it is where all the beautiful people shop. I don't feel beautiful today. I feel fat, lumpy and bloated.

Yes, maxi-pads are on my shopping list.

May I just go back to bed please?
********************
Back around to despising talking on the phone, I wasn't always that way. But it seems the more I rely on e-mail, the less I use the phone.

Also, with e-mail and blogging I can look closely at my message, choose my words with care and try not to offend.

In real life, on the phone, I am a blathering freaking idiot. I worry about saying something stupid, get nervous and say something stupid. Then I avoid the phone more. It's a self-perpetuating cycle.

Yesterday a lady called wanting some gluten and casein-free information.

During the part where you do the pleasantries, I blathered like a mindless idiot. It was a spewing of utter dumbness, appalling in its sheer volume.

After the "pleasantries" were over, I gave her some good information. I know my gfcf diet pretty well. There is always room to learn more but we seem to be sailing along smoothly.

She gave me her e-mail address to send some attachments to her. I repeated it back to her.

The attachments won't send from any of my e-mail addresses. I called her cell and left a message. She hasn't called back.

Here's the thing. I sincerely want to help her child and I may have blown it by scaring her off with my ditz attack.

Should I call her one more time? Should I give up? Should I pre-warn anybody who calls me on the phone that there is no damn filter between my brain and my pie hole?

What would Scooby do?

And somebody please let me know if you also give bad phone. It would be nice to know I'm not alone.

23 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

I *definitely* give bad phone. I always feel awkward on it.

Good to have you back.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Bearette - Thank you. I'm glad to see you too.

I forgot to add in the blog, I also act like a blathering idiot when meeting people. Maybe I need a t-shirt with a warning.

1:15 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

"give bad phone" is sort of a priceless funny comment, C., and you should be rewarded for it:

REWARD.

There. That will make you feel better, and maybe funnier.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

I always say the wrong thing, but I've learned to live with it.

Hey! Since blogger does video now will you make one for us when you start 'whistling zip-a-dee-doo-dah out your rear end again'?

I hope you feel better soon, you certainly brightened up my day with your bungee joke and so far YOU are in the lead. And? Everyone is allowed to whine once in a while. So you just go on ahead.

2:28 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i laughed so hard about Find the Feces that I peed a little. Are you happy? God, I hate being pregnant.

and yes, I am so awful on the phone I do not even answer it. I wont even call and order pizza, for god's sake, I make H or one of the kids do it.

feel better, dear.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

Phone? Whats dat??? I use email, text, blogging... dats it! Anyone who rings me should know better! LOL

5:04 PM  
Blogger Undomestic said...

I avoid the phone, constantly screening. I just can't figure out how to get off the phone when I need to...thankfully I usually have my screaming kids to help with that!

Doggie diarrhea is definitely complaint-worthy!!!! The other day some ditzy radio show host girl was complaining about having 3 boyfriends, and she didn't like any of them...I had no choice but to turn the station.

7:55 PM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

I have to say, I'm actually really good on the phone. I've actually been asked out by women working in call centres. I'm not joking.
My voice is tall, dark, handsome and very fine on the phone. Sadly, in the flesh I am none of those things... So giving good phone isn't always a good thing!

2:22 AM  
Blogger Joke said...

Look at the bright side. Your beloved needn't worry that strangers are calling you at $2.99/minute.

-J.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Old Hoss - A reward from you is high praise and I'm not joking on that one.

Paula - I could set up on youtube. I'm glad my joke didn't gross you out or at least if it did, you laughed anyway.

Babelbabe - You have to be pregnant to pee when you laugh? I'm not far away from being my own Depends commercial.

Chris H - What came first do you think? Did the e-mail ruin us for the phone or did we already hate the phone, thus embracing the e-mail?

Undomestic - I have one friend who will talk through the screaming kids. My house could be burning down and she probably would say, "Can you walk outside to talk?"

Badgerdaddy - I wager your SLF would argue with you on that one.

Joke - I don't even want to spend forty bucks on medicine. No worries there. LOL

7:05 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Bathering idiot here.
I feel your pain.
I'm seriously considering joining
a self help social interaction anxiety group because it's getting worse and worse,ugh.
I totally appreciate what you said about email:) Those are my reasons too;)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

I am really bad on the phone. And I am WORSE when I leave messages on voice mail or answering machines. I sound like an idiot.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Ms. L. - Maybe that's why we bump along so well. We are both blathering idiots.

Bookworm - I HATE leaving phone messages.

4:45 PM  
Blogger My float said...

Give up. There's plenty of information on the internet. She's probably very scared of you right now. I'M very scared of you.

Just kidding. I laughed and laughed while reading your post. Especially the find the faeces game. Hilarious. (ok, sorry for laughing...)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Aren't pets lovely little beings? We've been playing Find the Barf lately.

If you ever need someone to gripe to because depression has taken hold, I'm always available (I'm pretty good at it now). Heck, if you feel like talking to another blathering idiot on the phone, you can have my number. :)

roxanneblogspot@yahoo.com
p.s. I wasn't kidding :)

9:34 PM  
Blogger L said...

I hate talking on the phone, the only person I talk to for a long time on the phone with is my sister.

I think Scooby would eat a Scooby snack.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

bad phone--me leaving messages. I say uh, and um, and ramble on forever, as if I'm hoping someone will PLEASE put me out of my misery and pick up.

Oh, I need a good whine session.

I must be depressed if I was hardly able to concentrate reading your post and it didn't make me laugh, but that's me, not you. You are funny. Not sure why I didn't realize I was depressed, capital D. So thanks for writing something that made me realize my funny bone has gone away...

(I should have been clued in when I didn't smile at all watching re-runs of Two and a Half Men and Frasier last night.)

11:03 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

I hang up and want to go put my head in the toilet for a while...

I also give bad face to face...

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Caro! I'm glad the Paxil is working for you.

I remember when one of my old dogs had a god-awful case of diarrhea all over the living room. It took hours to clean up. It took a week of eating hamburger and plain rice to dry him up!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

My Float - Give up I shall. I lost her number anyway.

Roxanne - Thank you. You're a dear heart.

Lori - I think I would eat a Scooby snack if it were tasty enough.

SL - I hope you are feeling better soon.

Mary - I'll bet your toilet is clean though.

Liz - Ewww, I can almost smell it. Oh wait, that's Sammy. LOL

4:45 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Hide the feces. That is a game I have played many a time with my kids. Particularly the middle child. Urg.

Whine away my dear. Just glad to hear from you. I hope you are feeling better soon!!

"I give bad phone" LOL.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like email no bad phone there. The worst bad phoner is my mother-in-law. Long drawn out silence after you've answered her, Ugh! You want to say are you still there?LOL

12:27 PM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

I give bad phone...There...I said it...
Burden off my shoulders...
and nice to know I am not alone...

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home